What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What is the best item to use for fragrances in Hot Tubs.  (Read 4634 times)

kurt6137

What is the best item to use for fragrances in Hot Tubs.
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:59:24 am »
What is the best fragrance to use in a hot tub ?   Liquid or crystals ?  What are the pros and cons of each ?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:26:23 am by kurt6137 »

Hot Tub Forum

What is the best item to use for fragrances in Hot Tubs.
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:59:24 am »

goneaway

Re: What is the best item to use for fragrances in Hot Tubs.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 03:26:20 am »
Someone on here mentioned Spazazz.
I paid £6.00 for a 4oz tub, which lasted about 10 - 15 minutes.
Needless to say, I won't be buying any more.

Darzmr

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »
I tried Spazazz crystals, and liked it - the fragrance was "fresh cut flowers", but in retrospect it has (to my nose) a more "aftershavy" kinda scent.  Directions were 1 oz per 100 gal, (which would equate to nearly 5 oz in my spa) but I went light and tossed only 2 oz in since I was concerned it might be too strong.  It was nice and aromatic, but not overpoweringly so.  After about 20 mins I did toss another oz in.  It was nice, different - it puts a cool spin on the spa experience.  When I returned to soak a few hours later, the scent hadn't fully dissipated -  I lifted the cover and caught a slight waft :)

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:38:20 pm »
I really like the Spazazz, but to be honest, it doesn't last as long as I'd like for it to. It's great for the 15-20 minutes, and although I still have about 3 bottles of it, we find that a good quality candle like the Yankee candles are the best bang for the buck. You can light one of those and the fragrance will last all evening long. Then you blow it out, and repeat for over a month. Yep, I still pour some Spazazz in occassionally, but we do the candle most of the time now.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Darzmr

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 04:34:42 pm »
Wonder why it's dissipating so quickly for you guys (the Spazazz).  I soaked last night and I could STILL smell it - rather annoying because I wanted to try a different scent! You guys have your spas in the wind, out in the open, and the breeze is taking it off?  My spa's protected on 2 sides but open to the sky.  Could be my nose is ultra sensitive.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:45:55 pm by Darzmr »

goneaway

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 09:36:23 am »
I personally consider it far too expensive for what it does.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 10:34:52 am »
What is the best fragrance to use in a hot tub ?....   

Eat a large bowl of chili the night before you soak.
You will experience an fragrance you will never forget.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 10:46:14 am »
This is one area that my Sundance performs well, IMO.   I've never liked fragrances that you add directly to the water. I can't say it makes water harder to maintain, but I've always approached upkeep with a minimalist attitude.

My first tub, a Dynasty, had a container of crystals that you dropped into a container that was inline with the air delivery. I like this approach, but the Dynasty system was so badly plumbed that virtually no air went over that chamber.

My Sundance has the same type system, but you can tell its designed better because it moves a lot of air over that chamber and seems to perform well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 12:12:05 pm »
Wm, the air chamber approach does sound like a great concept. Since it's air moving across the crystals rather than the crystals desolving in water, they would last quite a while.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

dunecritter

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 01:02:51 pm »
My Sundance worked well with the fragrance air as well.

kurt6137

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:57 pm »
Thanks all for the replies, I had a Sundance Cameo, which i gave to my daughter, I found the air fragrance did not work well, it worked, but not well. I think , I will try the spazz, I have tried the little plastic bottles, they work briefly and then the smell is gone. I like the idea of candles, but that may be a hassle to implement, and the other response of eating chili, gave me a chuckle, thanks all for your responses. 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42