What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leisure Bay Pro Shield sensor connections  (Read 4111 times)

stevel

Leisure Bay Pro Shield sensor connections
« on: February 18, 2014, 02:22:06 pm »
I have just inherited a Leisure Bay Pro Shield Hot Tub and could use some help with the temperature sensors - the spa pack and controls were disconnected and I'm not sure where the sensors go.

The sensors come from the topside switch - one looks like a thermowell and looks like it goes into the spa tub above the light;  does the other one go into the flow line elbow near the pump?  Neither look like they have a real tight seal.

I've posted some pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/139pics/sets/72157641171076305/

Hot Tub Forum

Leisure Bay Pro Shield sensor connections
« on: February 18, 2014, 02:22:06 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Leisure Bay Pro Shield sensor connections
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:47:02 pm »
 The one above the light is where the temp sensor goes, the other one is most likely a high limit.  Maybe Tman can shed some light...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:18:23 pm »
The one above the light is the main temp sensor for the body of water. Based on the placement of the other one it looks like a freeze protection sensor to me?
Retired

stevel

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 02:24:18 pm »
is the freeze sensor an air sensor and it can just hang free inside the frame?  I cant seem to find any information on the topside control panel.  Its almost spring in NH and will be firing this up soon.  Wish me luck!

And thanks for the advice.

stevel

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 03:00:42 pm »
Or could this be the hi limit sensor?  If so, where are they typically located and how would it be adjusted? - I dont see any adjusting screws on the topside controller.  Also for my edification, can a sinle temp sensor act in conjunction with the thermostat for both measuring the temperature and  to turn off the heater when the set temp is reached, or if goes above the high limit?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 03:00:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42