What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Holding Temperature Issue - HS Envoy  (Read 20440 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Holding Temperature Issue - HS Envoy
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 02:37:05 pm »
  Yeah I can see taking some time to get out as your spa is up and running compared to some that may not be in freezing temps.   Hopefully they will find something going on with it hard to say.     Will love to hear what they find! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 02:37:05 pm »

Darzmr

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 12:29:45 pm »
Ok, tech came out, tossed three thermometers into the spa.  Spa's holding temp at 103-104, but display is reading 98.  He says the "intake" water is the temp on the display.  I say BS, fix the display.  He doesn't know if he can, he will "call the  manufacturer".  I also asked him to leave me one of those thermometers so I can check it next time I'm in.  Also got the regular yadda yadda about how the temp will drop since it's so cold outside - yes, I know this.  Any other HS owners have this issue?  I think it's ridiculous that I can't/don't know the spa temp via the friggin' display (which reflects an avg 5 deg difference!).  Thx in advance.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 02:09:50 pm »
  He should have had another topside to plug in and check if it's bad.   I can see a 1 to 2 degree difference not 5

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 03:25:47 pm »
Sorry you're having problems, but mine keeps up the heat just fine with all jets on or off or any setting between. Mine is the 2013 HS Envoy. I have more of a problem with it heating up just a tad too much when I'm in it and running all of the jets. You can be in it in 20*, and put your foot over the heat inlet, and you can feel the heat pouring out. When the temp rises a little too much, I simply turn on the small fan above us and the water temp goes back down and maintains the temp it's set at. Even at freezing temps, the water stays at least as warm/hot as the setting states.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Darzmr

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 06:07:44 pm »
The tech was borderline surly/dismissive about it, which rather ticked me off - good to know the display should read the temp, not minus 5 as it's doing (thanks, Spoiledrotten - nice to hear from a HS Envoy owner).  I called his office and touched base with the woman who scheduled the tech, gave her a heads up - she's supposed to get back to me.  Honestly, wtf is the point of having a temp display if it's so inaccurate? That's my point and a real thorn in my foot right now. 

Jim - what's a topside? :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 07:47:17 pm »
Topside= the display and button panel that connects to the controller inside the tub.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 07:48:16 pm »
 The topside is the unit on top with the temp reading and little btns that runs the jets, lights, temp etc., etc.. 

He should have been able to just unplug it from the circuit board and plugged a new one in to confirm it is or is not the problem.    The other thing he should have done was have another temp sensor to plug in and drop in the spa to confirm temp on topside and or faulty temp sensor..     Least that's what I would have done, bit more impressive than throwing in some floating thermometers and telling you it's fine..

Rookie   ::) 

Darzmr

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 07:55:27 pm »
Lol at the rookie comment! Thx for clarifying what a topside is, both of you - that makes perfect sense.  I appreciate ALL the help from everyone, it's enabled me to be better informed for my next convo with them :)  Will keep you posted, literally!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 10:05:33 am »
To clarify:
There is no 60 amp option.  Both pumps and heater will work at the same time.
Display should not be 5 degrees off.
Have you tried increasing temp to 104 to 105 to account for perceived drop?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Darzmr

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 10:30:44 am »
Yes, Dan, I've increased the temp and it still drops to a 98 deg reading w/jets running ...  :) 

Mudheadsports

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 07:42:48 pm »
Hope they get it figured out....do they have more than one tech?  Sometimes people just don't play nice together.  I'm no expert but it sure makes sense that you would check the thermostats....have you also put a floating thermometer in to verify what the temp actually is?  Sounds like the tech just wanted to get things done quickly and not correctly.....hope they fix it soon!!!!!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 11:44:50 am »
Sounds like the heater is kicking off when the jets are on.  Makes no sense.  Maybe amperage issue?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 02:01:25 pm »
Check your booklet and see if there is special wiring needed to run everything.  We had a problem with ours that the tech needed to reprogram our tub.  Our tech was here for a very short time and it was solved.....

Darzmr

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 09:19:23 am »
Just got off the phone with the rep.  The tech's going to come out and replace the sensor and put insulation where the intake sensor is.  I suggested that he bring a new topside (lolol! Thanks, guys) as well.  The kicker is: they can't tell me when he'll be out - hopefully by the end of the month (!) because they wait, yes, WAIT, to run service out this way until they have additional calls.  From their business standpoint, I understand it, but from a customer standpoint, it really sucks.  I'm not a priority because my tub is up and running :) I left a voice mail at HS this a.m.  Thoughts?  Advice?

girlinhotwater

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 11:50:07 am »
I have a 2012 Envoy but I don't think anything is different from 12 to 13?  My spa also drops temps quickly but only in these frigid temps. I'm in Chicago and we've been having a horrible winter! I leave my temp set at 102, and within minutes it drops to 99, but then again it might be zero degrees out. I do feel the heat pumping out of the floor drain even with both pumps on high. If I turn the pumps off it does heat back up quickly while I'm soaking. I think my scenario is just extreme cold temps. Even with my polar weather, it still only has 3 degree variance.  Just chiming in here for a comparison. Hope they are able to solve the problem as running on 220 and your 36 degree temps, it should hold . Isn't it amazing how one degree can make a difference?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 11:50:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42