What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Infinity Spas  (Read 13584 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Infinity Spas
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:15:36 pm »
Wonder what ever happened to the guys that hung here a few years back that though Infinity Spas were the best thing since sliced bread? I wonder if any of them are still keeping their tubs going? We all told them they were not going to last and there was some awful big arguments about it. At the time they were being offered at Costco weren't they? I wonder if they returned them after 3-4 years?

Haven't seen any of them in a long while. Just curious if they all did just disappear like we thought or if any are still around. And if so how the tubs holding up.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Infinity Spas
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:15:36 pm »

Ryan VSO

Re: Infinity Spas
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:19:38 pm »
they went down ,it was on tv , lost 25 k to them , they still goes under a different name , it was verry cheap and unreliable hot tubs

meriflower

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:16:42 am »
I have never heard of them so Googled them.  This is what I found:

From Oct 2008
http://www.wjhl.com/story/20787239/infinity-spas-closing-150-workers-affected

Also search pulled up David Hatley, he sounds very shady.  He was the owner of Infinity.  Now he's part of LPI, they do tanning beds and spas, they call their spas Dr. Wellness.  There are tons of complaints and horror stories.  Here's one of them:

"This company is a bad company - our spa 3 repairs in 2 years and than it melted... and they will not do anything expect change the name and not return calls. BBB had 37 complaint against them and they can't do anything....BAD COMPANY!!!"

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:51:58 am »
Yea I know the manufacturer went bankrupt and became another company and all that. But I was wondering if any of those 4-6 guys who bought there tubs and posted here all puffed up about how much money they saved and how great the tubs were, were still around and if their tubs were still going.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:21:51 pm »
You cant expect much more than that from a 8 by 8 hot tub that cost 3700 $ with audio and tv system.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 12:26:27 pm »
Wonder what ever happened to the guys that hung here a few years back that though Infinity Spas were the best thing since sliced bread? I wonder if any of them are still keeping their tubs going? We all told them they were not going to last and there was some awful big arguments about it. At the time they were being offered at Costco weren't they? I wonder if they returned them after 3-4 years?

Haven't seen any of them in a long while. Just curious if they all did just disappear like we thought or if any are still around. And if so how the tubs holding up.

They're probably the same guys now hawking the made in China Vortex spas.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Ryan VSO

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 12:34:09 pm »
you know what , your right.. im going to throw my iphone in the garbage since its made in china...
If I had to choose I would prefeer to have my tub built by asians than Mexicans :P

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 04:17:36 pm »
You cant expect much more than that from a 8 by 8 hot tub that cost 3700 $ with audio and tv system.

Yea but these guys said they were the same as a high end dealer tub for less than half the price. We tried to tell them that they were unlikely to last more than 5-6 years but they didn't believe us. They all seemed to have disappeared after 3-4 years?
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 04:48:52 pm »
the cost of those spa when you were buying them from the factory located in tenesse were easily 40 % cheaper from other brands so as a dealer I would never sell infinity as a high end tub lol

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 05:18:07 pm »
 Kinda what we try telling people here, but some still want to argue the fact..  Go figure vortex... 

Sam

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 07:03:39 pm »
They spam craigslist with ads all around the country.  When  you call the number, you get some guy in TN who tells you his sales BS.  They say dealer's have a 225% mark-up, lol.  I wish we had those kind of margins.  The ads say "$8,999 hot tub only $3,399.  Sale ends this weekend."  Except the ads appear every week.  Here's one that's up now:

NEW 6Man Hot Tub W/Warranty Over 50Jets Spa Is In Wrapper []

Dr-Wellness top of the line spas for sale. Brand new 2013 model Hot tubs come loaded with a number of awesome features! Seating for six,Fifty+ jets, A full warranty from the spas manufacturer. Due to excess overstocked inventory we need to liquidate this spa a manufacturer's Cost. You will find this hot tub in your local retail stores for up to $7,899.00. We are offering it for ONLY $2800.00. Ad a money saving Ozonator for onlyb$69.00. Sale ends soon so treat yourself to some relaxation. You would absolutely fall in love with these SPAS. My number is 970-688-4379 Feel free to call with any questions you may have.ÂÂÂ

Not In The Area We Deliver Our Spas Everywhere In The United States!!

Check out the manufacturer's page Mfgspasdirect. com you will find info on UPGRADES, warranty, specs, colors, other models and our In-House financing we offer. Good Credit? Bad Credit? No Credit? NO PROBLEM!!! Let our professionally trained finance team get you the SPA of your dreams TODAY!!ÂÂÂ
Jacuzzi Jacuzzis Hottub Hottubs

Here's another:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

HOT TUBS - All 21 Models - 50% Discount

Hot Tubs are sold with a 225% Margin by Retailers.

Ask Yourself A Question: If I bought the Hot Tub with the Tub, Cabinet and Cover Colors
I wanted WHOLESALE DIRECT or 50% Discount FROM THE FACTORY does
that make good Common Sense ?

PLUS FREE SHIPPING TO THE OMAHA WAREHOUSE

Contact: Randy Sulhoff The Nebraska Wholesale Store Today 402-289-8220

Example: NEW G-6 Dr. Wellness Therapy Hot Tub

MSGR: $11,999 Holiday Sale: $4,800

http://www.drwellnessthearpy.com
http://www.recdirectfactoryoutlets.com

Every couple of years they change their name to avoid all of the bad publicity and reviews.  Such a scam.  The warranty is worthless and prorated to nothing.  They subcontract out service to the lowest bidder.  It's a shame.....companies like this give our industry a bad reputation.  People have terrible experiences and think all hot tubs are this way.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 08:32:35 pm »
haha , I now undestand why you guys attack me constantly :P ... we dont have those kind of clowns doing this kind of business in Canada although. Jacuzzi , I dont want to start something here but my average vortex cost is 7 % more expensive than the jacuzzi cost .

by the way Dr. Wellness Spa Series , the guy in charge was working for infinity spa

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:36:36 pm by Vortex Spas »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 12:45:33 am »
haha , I now undestand why you guys attack me constantly :P ... we dont have those kind of clowns doing this kind of business in Canada although. Jacuzzi , I dont want to start something here but my average vortex cost is 7 % more expensive than the jacuzzi cost .

by the way Dr. Wellness Spa Series , the guy in charge was working for infinity spa

Wow your cost is 7% higher than Jacuzzi, must be the shipping  Lol..  The proverbial slow boat from China ehe?   

Ryan VSO

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 12:56:52 am »
I dont know why but I knew you would say something like that ... I am not counting the shipping cost in the actual pricing.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 09:55:48 am »
So you don't add the shipping to your overall cost of your spas?   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 09:55:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42