What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis resort - advice needed  (Read 10464 times)

Indyzav

Marquis resort - advice needed
« on: January 04, 2014, 06:46:13 pm »
We have been saving for a long time and are almost ready to make a purchase. Looked at the Hot Springs Vanguard and was disappointed with the service of the dealer. Stumbled upon the Marquis Resort and loved the tub but also the dealer. They are less than two miles from our house and service their tubs from that location. $9,000 includes steps, cover and lifter, delivery and 6 months of chemicals. This is a MAJOR purchase for us and don't want to make a mistake. Had previously looked at the Sundance Altamar years back but I just fell in love with the Marquis. Thoughts??? Planning on making a decision within a week.  I also like the Artesian but that is out of our price range. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis resort - advice needed
« on: January 04, 2014, 06:46:13 pm »

rosewoodsteel

Re: Marquis resort - advice needed
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 07:19:39 pm »
I just checked out the Resort out on the Marquis website.
Great tub!   I think you stole it at 9K.
Happy tubbing!!!!

Mudheadsports

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:47:11 pm »
Wow, we looked at one and it was 9470.00 for a second, plus 200 for steps and lifter.  We decided on the sundance cameo and were happy with the dealer and knowledge.  Good luck!!!!!!

meriflower

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 08:56:25 pm »
Hi and welcome Indyzav!  Have you wet tested Marquis?  If not, I highly recommend that you do.  I've owned two Marquis tubs.  First was a Euphoria that was a lemon (nothing but troubles).  Marquis took it back and we got our current Epic.  We have had minimal issues with the Epic.  Marquis does back up their product and makes sure their customers are happy.  However, we recently traded in our Marquis for a Bullfrog R6L.  IMO the jets provide more variety of different therapy plus if my needs change I can always replace a jetpak for another.  That's why it's so important to wet test - you might have a whole different experience.  Another thing that I came to not like with our Marquis is that for the lounger you can't have all the jets running at the same time - meaning having jets run on your back, legs, and feet all at the same time.  There's a diverter with 3 positions that controls the jets.  This may not be a big deal for you.

Marquis does make an excellent spa, good filtering as I never had water issues.  Just look and wet test as many spas as you can - as you stated it's a big investment. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 10:17:26 pm »
Must be a Bullfrog salesman?

In my opinion Marquis makes a fabulous tub. Better than the others mentioned in this thread. They have a great reputation for quality and longevity.
Retired

meriflower

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 11:12:43 pm »

“Make sure you have a different opinion and people will talk about you”

~ Arab Proverb quote

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 02:17:16 pm »
Hi and welcome Indyzav!  Have you wet tested Marquis?  If not, I highly recommend that you do.  I've owned two Marquis tubs.  First was a Euphoria that was a lemon (nothing but troubles).  Marquis took it back and we got our current Epic.  We have had minimal issues with the Epic.  Marquis does back up their product and makes sure their customers are happy.  However, we recently traded in our Marquis for a Bullfrog R6L.  IMO the jets provide more variety of different therapy plus if my needs change I can always replace a jetpak for another.  That's why it's so important to wet test - you might have a whole different experience.  Another thing that I came to not like with our Marquis is that for the lounger you can't have all the jets running at the same time - meaning having jets run on your back, legs, and feet all at the same time.  There's a diverter with 3 positions that controls the jets.  This may not be a big deal for you.

Marquis does make an excellent spa, good filtering as I never had water issues.  Just look and wet test as many spas as you can - as you stated it's a big investment.

That's one way to look at it.  How many jets are in that bullfrog?  A comparable jacuzzi, sundance or hot spring will have around 35-40 jets in it while the resort has 60. Therefore the marquis gives you more variety in different jet placements. Everybody is different in what they are looking for but the tri zone therapy is one thing that makes a marquis as powerful as it is. The bullfrog also has diverters in the bottom of every jet pak that restrict flow or make the seat more powerful

meriflower

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 02:39:31 pm »
I did not post for this to become a Marquis vs Bullfrog (or any other spa brand).  I don't fix them nor am I sales person.  I'm just an owner  (have owned Marquis for 10 yrs) and thought I would provide the OP my experiences and my opinion.  Sorry for mentioning that I'm going with another brand, just excited for my new toy.

I'll repeat, Marquis does make an excellent spa, I highly recommend that the OP does wet test the Resort and test out all the features and seats that the Resort has to offer.  Marquis has an excellent video of it on their website if you haven't seen it already. :)

Sam

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 02:42:02 pm »

That's one way to look at it.  How many jets are in that bullfrog?  A comparable jacuzzi, sundance or hot spring will have around 35-40 jets in it while the resort has 60. Therefore the marquis gives you more variety in different jet placements. Everybody is different in what they are looking for but the tri zone therapy is one thing that makes a marquis as powerful as it is. The bullfrog also has diverters in the bottom of every jet pak that restrict flow or make the seat more powerful

It's not a diverter.  A diverter diverts flow from one area to another.  The valve on a jetpak adjusts the pressure in that particular jetpak.  If you want all of the jets on high power in a bullfrog, you can do it.

That being said, Marquis makes a great tub.  I just wanted to make sure correct information is presented.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 03:59:38 pm »
Wasn't knocking your opinion by any means. I think bullfrog makes a fine spa. @sam the valve when taken Part sure looks like a diverter valve and when ordered that's what they are called. I would think if you have 3 jet packs and turn two of then to a lower setting then the power would be forced to the 3rd jet pack. Is that a wrong assumption?

Indyzav

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 09:06:23 am »
Thank you for all of the information.  I am wet testing the Resort and Reward this week before I make my final decision.  I also like knowing that the service department is so close to my house!  Will keep you posted!  Any other advice would be greatly appreciated! 

MarKee

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 01:51:05 pm »
That's a good price on that spa!  A Marquis is hard to beat as far as overall quality and therapy.  Good luck in your search!

Topline Mike

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 01:33:01 pm »
I would think if you have 3 jet packs and turn two of then to a lower setting then the power would be forced to the 3rd jet pack. Is that a wrong assumption?

I was in a Bullfrog A8 two days ago.  You are correct, hottubguy.  When you turn the valve off on two of the three jetpacks on that pump, the remaining seat has a much higher pressure of water coming out of it.  There's no sense having jetpacks on if no-one is in them.  If you don't like the high blast of pressure, you just tone it down using the valve.  A very nice feature on Bullfrog Spas, in my opinion. 

dunecritter

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 01:46:06 pm »

“Make sure you have a different opinion and people will talk about you”

~ Arab Proverb quote
The Joys of Forums! Sometimes it makes you very reserved to offer your opinion!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »
Would of been fine if it didn't become a sales thread. I know mr/ms meriflower are passionate about their bullfrog. That's a good thing. This industry needs strong reliable manufactures. And that comes from customers passions and demands.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42