What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I Ordered my New Tub  (Read 26625 times)

rosewoodsteel

Re: I Ordered my New Tub
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 01:09:55 pm »
I won't be able to compare them to the old jets, but I will be glad to give you my opinion on them.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 01:09:55 pm »

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 01:23:59 pm »
The ETA for the tub is Feb. 26th.   
Hopefully, there will be no additional snow on the driveway between now and then.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 03:33:24 pm »
cool !

meriflower

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2014, 10:25:43 am »
That's great!  5 more days after today!   ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2014, 01:55:05 pm »
The ETA for the tub is Feb. 26th.   
Hopefully, there will be no additional snow on the driveway between now and then.

I'm sad, back to work on 2/28.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 05:41:09 pm »
That sucks!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2014, 01:57:33 pm »
Just got a call from the shipping company.   They moved the day of arrival from 11/26 to 11/28. 
The coming week will be a long one. :)

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2014, 08:26:53 pm »
Well, my Artic Klondiker will be delivered, tomorrow. Can't wait to see it and get it around the house, to the pad.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2014, 07:32:08 am »
It's AK Day!   
I was told my new tub would arrive around 12:00, today.
It's funny that the Artic Vortex arrived with my Artic Spa..
(I think Canada is just rubbing in their Olympic hockey wins.. :)

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2014, 09:57:13 am »
Tub was delivered yesterday.  We will be moving from my upper driveway, around the front of the house, to the side yard later this afternoon.  So far, so good, as far as the weather is concerned.   I had to clear a little bit of snow out of our way, but it is a beautiful day for getting this done.  A winter storm is hitting us sometime on Sunday / Monday, which will bring freezing rain and ice.   We are lucky to have this window of opportunity of a clear, cold Saturday.

Artic packs their spas well.   I did a visual inspection of the packing materials and they looked to be in good shape (no outward appearance of damage).   Since we still need to move the spa around the house, I had to leave it on it's skid and leave the packing materials in place. I will do a through inspection after it is placed.  (I got an OK from Artic to do this and was told that if the packing material was not damaged, that the spa would be fine.)

Artic packs their spas on vertically, on a skid,  so it will be more of a balancing act than physical labor, in getting the tub to the concrete pad.  We will be using a couple of moving dollies and leap frogging 3/4" plywood across the yard, for a runway.   Nine people will be coming over at 2:00PM, today, to assist, so there will be plenty of manpower.   
The tub weights 1000 lbs, with the skid and packing materials included, so we will be taking it very slow and easy.
The path that I have chosen is flat, so I expect this to go without any problems.

dunecritter

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 10:24:36 am »
Moving the spa and doing the hookup is the owners responsibility??? Crazy. I could only imagine what kind of issues we would be dealing with as a retailer if we did this...Good luck rosewood. Just make sure that all your electrical connections and options (jumpers and all wire punch downs) are exact to the schematic for your voltage and options wanted before you ever send the lightning bolt at it....I know that a lot of tubs have optional hookups and use jumpers on the green board to achieve different results. Not trying to complicate things but its much harder to stuff all the smoke back in the little black box than it was to get it out! <----Poor joke!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2014, 12:21:19 pm »
Moving the spa and doing the hookup is the owners responsibility??? Crazy. I could only imagine what kind of issues we would be dealing with as a retailer if we did this...

Really?   Thanks for the comment.

dunecritter

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2014, 12:34:20 pm »
Yeah...we as the HS dealer have a contracted company we pay to deliver and Install every unit sold as part of our sale...Cudos to you as installing a tub as the owner for the first time can be nerve racking to not damage it and having the proper dollies etc... It can be a big job sometimes and some deliveries are much easier but overall...still a decent size job! Your tub may or may not have jumper options but If you have any questions at all...Reach out for help. I'm sure there are members on here that are familiar with your tub and might be able to answer your questions readily. Good luck and I'm sure your very excited to hop in it!

Ryan VSO

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2014, 01:44:08 pm »
Normally you can pay an extra 150 to 250 $ and the bring the tub safely in your backyard . If you feel safe of doing it yourself then make sure you get more people needed to do the job.

meriflower

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2014, 05:15:11 pm »
Woohoo!   :D  The wait is over!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2014, 05:15:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42