What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Still shopping.......  (Read 67430 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Still shopping.......
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2014, 06:00:59 pm »
Bullfrog first stop.....wth is with these small stores not knowing anything about their product?????  This one had been there a year and had zero knowledge again!!!!  Oh and no wet test.....tub at 85 degrees!!!!!  They knew we were coming.....maybe these are signs that we are not supposed to get one.../.onto hot spring #2 dealer and then sundance!!!!!

So where do you live?   Me thinks I need to open a spa store there. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2014, 06:00:59 pm »

meriflower

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2014, 06:46:58 pm »
Good grief!   >:(  Hopefully the 2nd HS store and Sundance will have it together!  Also since there have been recent comments with HS diverters hissing make sure to listen for that.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:49:17 pm by meriflower »

Mudheadsports

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2014, 10:27:21 pm »
J Jim....This store is in elkhart, in....unbelievable....I work in a predominantly men's industry and busy my butt to learn everything I can about each product I sell.  This bimbo has been there for a year and had no idea about any of the spas in the store.  She looked up things in the brochure, why wouldn't you know what the frame is made of....or how many pumps each sap has....forget about horse power or impellers.......enough about that.....
Next stop was supposed to be HS.  We saw another spa place and stopped in.  It was a marquis dealer....he answered every question completely.  Looked at a resort  9400.00 and the wish 2012 model 7950.00....also they had the extra environment furniture by marquis....very nice extra!!!!!  Did not wet test these but think we may ask to fill one up.....any thoughts?
By the time the quick stop was done the HS dealer was closed......
Then went to our wet test at jacuzzi/ sundance.....tried the sundance optima...8900.00....but would probably go with a cameo with the lounger for the same price...great tub, lots of jets and a lot of flexibility on strength of jets.  Both have a stereo....probably wouldn't use it a lot but nice extra...
Next was jacuzzi 470...$9900.00 with stereo.  Water was too deep so a couple seats were hard to really get into....didn't want wet hair....-1 outside.....it was nice too.  They also had the j-465 with lounger again.  Probably liked the sundance a little better than the jacuzzi. 

Going to call marquis dealer and have him fill the resort we think.....any comments......

Ryan VSO

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2014, 10:33:19 pm »
thanks for sharing , whats your thought about jacuzzi / sundance vs maax wet test ? did you feel a huge difference?

Mudheadsports

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2014, 10:40:45 pm »
Vortex, you know, I think they were about the same....it's been a few weeks since the maax wet test and we did enjoy it but didn't seem to find a lot of info on them.  Don't know that there is a perfect spa out there, but I think we will be able to find a few we could be happy with!!!!!!

Ryan VSO

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2014, 10:43:13 pm »
how much was the maax , im not sure you stated it in your last post  ??

Mudheadsports

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2014, 10:57:28 pm »

Mudheadsports

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2014, 10:58:09 pm »
And no additional discounting to speak of.....

Ryan VSO

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2014, 11:04:56 pm »
oh , though the maax was less expensive than the sundance .. Does maax or jacuzzi would deduct some money if you remove the Uv sanitation ?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2014, 11:43:06 pm »
The marquis tub is a great product. I can tell you both of those prices are excellent. Both under what I sell them for. If you have any specific questions about them don't hesitate to ask

meriflower

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2014, 01:31:41 am »
Yes, I recommend that you wet test Marquis.  I've owned two Marquis tubs.  First was a Euphoria that was a lemon (nothing but troubles).  Marquis took it back and we got our current Epic.  We have had minimal issues with the Epic.  Marquis does back up their product and makes sure their customers are happy.  For this time around, however, we did decide to go with Bullfrog.  IMO the jets provide more variety of different therapy plus if my needs change I can always replace a jetpak for another.  Marquis calls their jets HK jets and for me they all feel the same. It's a personal preference thus the importance of wet testing.  Another thing that I wished I would have paid more attention to when we first tested is the fact you can't have all jets going in a seat, you can only have 1 set of jets on.  For instance, on our Epic for what Marquis calls the adirondack chair, there's a diverter with 3 different positions.  1 back, 2 calves, 3 feet.  You can't have all jets going at the same time.  You can put the diverter between 1 & 2 or 2 & 3 but it weakens the flow and on ours the diverter is noisy and be annoying.  Marquis calls this their  "zone therapy" for my year and model "tri-zone".

Marquis does make an excellent spa, good filtering as I never had water issues.   I also have found that Marquis has the most organized, neatest equipment compartments. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:43:51 am by meriflower »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2014, 06:45:11 am »
Marquis does make an excellent spa, good filtering as I never had water issues.   I also have found that Marquis has the most organized, neatest equipment compartments.

Meriflower, I think now you kinda get why me as an independent service tech likes Marquis.
Retired

Mudheadsports

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2014, 08:40:14 am »
HTG
The wish is a floor model 2012 that has never had water in it.  The resort is a second.  We found the blemish and it's a slight wave in the sheet down in the footwell in the adorondack position.  That being said, it was also supposed to be a European unit.....it has a different shell color that is not available in the us.  The electronics have been converted to us and it does have a stereo.  Do like the shapes and the extra furniture that they have.....now if you can't use all the jets in the lounger or the adorondack position that may be a deal breaker.....going to check with sundance guy and see if the lounger can run everything.  The maax did when we tried that.  Again feedback on any of these tube will be appreciated!!!!!  We are going to try and finalize one this weekend!!!  Of course it's -11 out right now....there is steam rolling out of the house when we let the dogs out this morning.....never have seen that before......

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2014, 09:46:04 am »
Rosewood....we have been looking for about 2 months off and on now.....know this will be a long term purchase and want to be sure it's right....will look up artic in the area but it will have to be the 5 man model!!!!!!

Mudhead,

If you are interested, you may want to check out the 5 man, Artic Cub.
Artic has a number of YouTube videos and may have one on the Cub, or their other 5 person units.
Enjoy your search!

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »
also I would check for a Beachcomber and or Emerald Dealers. Two more to go along with HS,Sundance, BF,Marquis, Jacuzzi and Artic in my opinion.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42