What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Still shopping.......  (Read 67409 times)

Mudheadsports

Re: Still shopping.......
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2014, 07:30:16 pm »
Glad you said heater rosewood!!!!!!  Lol
Ok....Houston we have ignition!!!!!!  Tub working......husband made the first mistake.....read the bottle on start up chems...ph fine....decided to work on chlorine.....yep....GREEN water now.....didn't want to wait for the dealer to call him back.....drained half and now refilling!!!!!  Using the outdoor water.....it's about 53 degrees....he sting tonight...hoping to be tubbin temp tomorrow!!!!!  Oh yeah, tested after just adding a "little" chlorine....he said it's supposed to be st 1.....we're at 9........soooooooooooooo we are going to have to work on this a bit!!!!!!!
Hope you all are finally off the floor from laughing so hare!!!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2014, 07:30:16 pm »

Mudheadsports

« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2014, 08:24:42 pm »
Ok...went down and tooked sting the tub....she's running.....53 degrees....and green......but it's a light pretty green......geeeeezeeeeeee

Mudheadsports

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2014, 09:45:23 pm »
Ok...so auto incorrect in he sting here.....he sting is actually heating......and hare....hard......last check for the evening.......temp....60 now......

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2014, 01:36:30 pm »
I trust it's higher than 60 degrees now.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2014, 08:27:20 pm »
101 and it was snowing out!!!!  28 degrees!!!!  First soak was fantastic!!!!!!  Thanx all for your help and suggestions!!!!!!  Water just a tinge of green!!!!!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2014, 09:31:37 am »
Put on some Irish music and enjoy it!

Mudheadsports

« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2014, 01:44:04 pm »
Well we put on the music and one speaker is not working.....we also have to call our electrician back because the heater is not working with the two pumps running.  We are supposed to have 60 ano service so we do have a slight problem.....I'm sure they will get this solved quickly for us.....still working on water balance......

Quickbeam

« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2014, 11:16:57 pm »
Hi Mudheadsports,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new tub. After doing a lot of research online, my wife and I will finally start going out looking tomorrow. We will be going to different dealerships this coming week and then hope to do some wet tests the week after. One of the tubs we are very interested in is the Sundance Cameo. I was wondering what in particular attracted you to this tub? Also, the one concern I have is that my wife will "float" out of the lounger. Have you found that to be an issue (my wife is small - about 5' 2" and 107 pounds)? I know we will find out when we wet test, but I was just curious about your experience. I hope you don't mind me asking.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2014, 08:45:31 am »
Quickbeam....we are loving the cameo.  I found the first time we got in, I was floating a little...I did find out that you just need to form to the lounger and no issues since....now that being said, I'm 6 ft.  We did not wet test the cameo but did try the optima and really enjoyed it.  That may be one for you to try.  We had tried maax that had a lounger and I really liked it, so made our decision on getting sting lounger model based on that.  We also tried a jacuzzi 4-- series and liked that one too. 
We we're going to try the marquis resort but decided that we did like the sundance and the price was fantastic!!!!!  She may find that some of the seats are too deep for her.  The "captains chair" is close to being too deep for me....that's in the cameo and jacuzzi...I think I have come across a seat riser that would help......
Lmk if I can help with any other questions.....we were out again last night......in 15 degrees.....enjoy your search!!!!!!!

Quickbeam

« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2014, 12:05:15 pm »
Thanks Mudheadsports,

For your response. I really like the looks of the Cameo as it has what at least appears to be the perfect layout for our situation. I would like to get a lounger and with the Cameo we get that, plus the way the seats are laid out we get to take advantage of the view we have. Great tip on the depth of the seats though. Will definitely have to keep that in mind. Also would not have thought of booster seats. I think I'll start another post to see if anyone has them and if they are comfortable or just a pain. Thanks again. We're off now to look at tubs!!!

Mudheadsports

« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2014, 05:39:19 pm »
Ok....here's a couple of other things
If you have a fantastic view, if you get the cover assist lifter, it will block one side of your view.  We actually rotated our tub 90 degrees to take advantage of our views.  Just look at if it is attached to the tub or goes underneith the base. 

Also if you are going to wire for 60 amp service....so both pumps and the heater can run all at once, there is a PIN number that has to be punched in to program the tub to be able to work.  And look into wiring as that is expensive too. 

We purchased ours from a dealer in Indiana and got a fantastic deal.....be sure to ask about 2013 vs 2014 models if they are still available!!!!!! 

Have fun and enjoy your search!!!!!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2014, 06:30:30 pm »
My current well water temp is 41 degrees I don't think my current little 22 gallon hot water tank would make much of a dent in 300 or so gallons   ???

Keep it covered and buttoned up tight, resist the temptation. Another cold snap coming east.
Retired

Mudheadsports

« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2014, 06:13:42 pm »
Heater is working without the pumps.....just when you are in and both pumps running no heater....still have not heard from the tech.....heading out now....9 out!!!!!!

Ryan VSO

« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2014, 09:11:57 pm »
is it a gecko pack ?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2014, 09:37:13 pm »
Sundance is proprietary. Not sure who makes the pack for them.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2014, 09:37:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42