What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast Spa HELP  (Read 10191 times)

Murdog

Coast Spa HELP
« on: December 21, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »
I'm a new member.

Need some advice on a Coast (Vantage) Spa 2013

Is $7400 out the door a good price?
Is this a good Spa?

Hot Tub Forum

Coast Spa HELP
« on: December 21, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »

rosewoodsteel

Re: Coast Spa HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:45:27 pm »
Murdog,

I don't know anything about a Coast Spas, but, I believe if you filter, you will see a few posts where they are discussed.  Ah, the old price question.   Unfortunately, pricing a hot tub is a bit more difficult than pricing, say, a new car.   Good luck with that one.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:04:53 pm »
 Since us guys that have been around for awhile and don't know what we are talking about,  maybe rosewoodsteel Vortex, bimmerdog and Brillskill can answer your questions?  Trust me they know their spa's.   ;)  Sorry forgot Montanabeef boy..
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:07:46 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 08:07:46 pm »
I will add that additional options (ozonator, special lighting etc.) can add a lot to the price, not to mention accessories such as a top lift and steps...

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 08:10:38 pm »
I think Jim must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :)
Jim, I defer to you sound judgement.  Where have I gone wrong with my response?   Are only dealers and spa techs allowed to reply to posts now?...   

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 08:12:49 pm »
The natives are restless...

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 08:14:27 pm »
I'm outa here.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 08:44:33 pm »
I'm a new member.

Need some advice on a Coast (Vantage) Spa 2013

Is $7400 out the door a good price?
Is this a good Spa?

Coast makes a decent tub IMO. Prices are different everywhere. Where are you and what have you compared it to?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 08:49:11 pm »
I think Jim must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :)
Jim, I defer to you sound judgement.  Where have I gone wrong with my response?   Are only dealers and spa techs allowed to reply to posts now?...

Your post was after mine so Nah, I am giving you guys the floor, please feel free to respond to him.  I hope you guys can give him wisdom!       

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 08:50:44 pm »
I will add that additional options (ozonator, special lighting etc.) can add a lot to the price, not to mention accessories such as a top lift and steps...

I can get ozonators for under $50...if I buy them in bulk, I'm sure I could get them for much less
Cover lifters? $100 tops...and there's Chinese stuff for $30
Steps? Plenty are available for $30

None of this should add much to the price of a multi thousand dollar spa.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

brillskill

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 10:31:46 pm »
You can only buy a jacuzzi or hot spring ..

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 11:54:30 pm »

I can get ozonators for under $50...if I buy them in bulk, I'm sure I could get them for much less

Dr. Spa,
You made some very good points!

After checking "Spa Depot", however,   I couldn't find a single item any where close to the prices you mentioned, and of course, you were not including installation in your questionable pricing.   As most of us in the market for hot tubes realize, dealers charge a substantial amount for these extras, even though folks like you can get them for at a substantial discount.   And, I noticed, you neglected to mention the premium for fancy lighting systems, etc.  So, I don't quite understand the relevance of your contribution here.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 12:32:14 am »
You can only buy a jacuzzi or hot spring ..

Oh come on now Brill, don't be that way.   Tell him what you think of Coast spas, I mean you researched them didn't you before you bought your  cal-spa? 

Vortex where are you, good heavens Coast is built in Canada prolly one of your top China built competitors!   Surely you must have something to add to this conversation!! 

brillskill

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 01:10:52 am »
Nope..no need too..only jacuzzi or hot springs..cause I really want jacuzzi jim to respect and like me

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 07:23:03 am »
I didn't say YOU could get it at that price :-)

As a manufacturer, that could purchase large quantities (hundreds, or even thousands), and would use even higher quantities annually, a manufacturers cost is going to be FAR lass than what you might find being sold retail.

Dr. Spa,
You made some very good points!

After checking "Spa Depot", however,   I couldn't find a single item any where close to the prices you mentioned, and of course, you were not including installation in your questionable pricing.   As most of us in the market for hot tubes realize, dealers charge a substantial amount for these extras, even though folks like you can get them for at a substantial discount.   And, I noticed, you neglected to mention the premium for fancy lighting systems, etc.  So, I don't quite understand the relevance of your contribution here.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 07:23:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42