What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What is a average normal time interval to top off a new hot tub ?  (Read 4670 times)

kurt6137

Greetings all, hope everyone had a great thanksgiving !  I have a question regarding topping off water levels for a new hot tub. I have a 2013 Hot Springs Sovereign. I just topped off the water level on 11/13 and looked at the water level today and it needs to be topped off again. I don't see any leaks outside near the  tub. Since its winter, there is a lot of steam coming off the tub when open . Hot Springs says to fill water level to 1.5 inches above the highest jet. I know there is loss due to evaporation, my question is this normal, should i be looking more closely or is this normal for hot tubs, I have had 3 hot tubs in my day and they all seemed to need topping off. I have been using the tub more than normal, so is this loss, due to evaporation and some slight splash ?  All replies are welcome.

Hot Tub Forum

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: What is a average normal time interval to top off a new hot tub ?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:03:40 pm »
Evaporation, splash, and every time you get out you carry a lot of water with you.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 07:18:10 am »
New tubs usually seem to get a lot of use in the early days and guests with board shorts take a gallon with them.  Our tub is just two of us and no suits so I usually only top off every 6 weeks or so.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bob snader

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 07:23:21 am »
I have to top off about every 2 to 3 weeks, but then the tub gets used at least twice a day.

goneaway

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 07:34:53 am »
I have a visible mark where i top up to.
I topped up one evening prior to me and the wife getting in.
The next morning, the level had dropped by about 5mm.

Considering we might have a leak, I topped up again and checked the next morning.
The level had not moved.

Like others have stated, evaporation, residual water in your bathing costumes when getting in and out all contribute to water loss.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 07:34:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42