What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Hot Tub Question  (Read 2064 times)

do57672

Used Hot Tub Question
« on: November 30, 2013, 06:49:49 pm »
My wife and I currently have a 20+ year old Jacuzzi hot tub.  It actually works pretty good.  We probably only run it maybe 4-5 months a year.  I'm not sure if the pump or heater has ever been replaced.  We are looking to upgrade and found a Leisure Bay G-2 series that is 10 years old. (2003 model)  The current owners say they have never replaced the pump or heater.  Is this something to be concerned about?  I've read online that 10-11 years is about all you can get out of a motor.  Having said that, I know people also say certain cars will die at certain miles but if you take care of them they last indefinitely.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Used Hot Tub Question
« on: November 30, 2013, 06:49:49 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Used Hot Tub Question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:43:17 pm »
Id say that's about an even swap. Cost half as much new. Get a bit more modern tub but not necessarily better.
Retired

do57672

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:23:54 am »
Ok. Thanks for the info.  I like the features on the newer one like the lounger, colored lights, & waterfall....but I don't want the thing to blow up on me and waste money when there is nothing wrong with our current one.  Maybe we'll hold off on this particular one but is there anything I need to look for or stay away from as far as age, make, model, etc...?
Also, are newer tubs generally more energy efficient?  Our current one is on 220v with a decent top but I would assume the insulation is better with better technology.
Thanks for the advice

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:23:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42