What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozone poses a threat to bathers?  (Read 9227 times)

kurt6137

Re: Ozone poses a threat to bathers?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 07:53:56 pm »
Thanks Clover and Chemgeek for your comments , I was in the tub tonight and did not think about ozone at all, looked up at the northern stars and appreciated the serenity my hot tub in rural upstate N.Y. provides. I agree with you guys, if we keep our tubs in working order and manage the water , we all will be just fine. I know having this tub, has made my life a little more easy and comforting, due to the arthritis I have.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 07:53:56 pm »

clover

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 08:15:19 pm »
.....I was in the tub tonight and did not think about ozone at all, looked up at the northern stars and appreciated the serenity my hot tub in rural upstate N.Y. provides.....if we keep our tubs in working order and manage the water , we all will be just fine. I know having this tub, has made my life a little more easy and comforting, due to the arthritis I have.

That is the best news ever....and that's the way it should be. ;) 

Hot water soaks are the best.  We all wish, for more like you, to see the stars and enjoy your comforts.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

johnnyk

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 03:18:36 am »
Getting back to this old topic, I solved the "problem" by installing on on/off switch for the ozonator (previously the ozonator was always on, even with the massage pumps running). I simply turn the ozonator off before entering the spa and turn it on again after soaking. Simple and gives my peace of mind :) Didn't even cost much to have the switch installed.

chem geek

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 01:41:28 pm »
Thanks for the follow-up.  It would be great if EVERY manufacturer including an ozonator would have a simple on/off switch so that one could disable the ozonator when desired.  Use of the ozonator makes sense when there is high bather load and is also useful in a bromine spa (since it can make more bromine from the bromide bank, though it makes bromate as well), but having the ozonator on during many days in between infrequent soaks when using chlorine is wasteful as it just uses up chlorine faster making maintenance more difficult.

johnnyk

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 02:34:55 am »
Ok chem geek, so when I'm using dichlor together with Aquafinesse, how would you recommend me to use the ozonator?

chem geek

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 05:27:29 pm »
If you are using Dichlor in between soaks for disinfection, then if you have more than a day or two in between soaks then turn off the ozonator so that the chlorine will last longer.  If you are soaking every day or two then leave the ozonator on.  Basically, just see the ozonator as oxidizing both bather waste and chlorine so when there's no bather waste it just uses up chlorine faster than you'd want.

johnnyk

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 08:50:00 am »
Ok, thanks for the tip chem geek!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 08:50:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42