What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ripped off in the UK  (Read 2833 times)

Scott Upton

Ripped off in the UK
« on: October 29, 2013, 11:15:34 am »
I've had my D1 Nautilus for 5 years now and had nothing but trouble with it from start to finish. I'm currently looking for my 4th M-Drive controller and although they can be purchased for $300 in the USA I am being quoted £550 in the UK (thats over $800). I wouldn't mind but the buttons/keyboard that operates it hardly gets any use and shouldn't be short-circuiting like this - ALMOST ONE A YEAR!!!   The previous 3 all got condensation on the insides - obviously a manufacturers fault!

The headrests turn into powder after 3 years because of a chemical reaction with the chlorine - why are they not made from a different material that is Flouride tolerant? Again, these replacement pillows cost $15 each in the USA but $70 each in the UK.

I can tell a similar story about the flow diverters, the pipes to the headrests and many many more things... all poorly made from materials not designed to last.

Spending $15,000 on a D1 hottub is the least of your worries... its the ridiculous prices they quote to replace parts that shouldn't be breaking or faulty that bleed you dry!

And why do things cost 3 times as much in the UK? Also its not possible to import them from the USA as the import duty and postage costs kill you!

AVOID Dimension One (D1) LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Ripped off in the UK
« on: October 29, 2013, 11:15:34 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ripped off in the UK
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 05:42:02 pm »
Why weren't the parts covered under warranty?  The nautilus should've had a 5 year warranty on parts (not the headrests though).  Why not take headrests out when tub isn't in use?

goneaway

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 04:56:00 am »
I've noticed that everything hot tub related is much cheaper to buy in the states than it is here in the UK.
Rip Off Britain.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 06:25:48 am »
This is the first time I have heard of this kind of trouble with D1. Who's the dealer? The controllers have been rock solid. Why has the dealer not replaced them under warranty?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 06:25:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42