What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice on new purchase  (Read 4923 times)

rambeaux

Advice on new purchase
« on: October 22, 2013, 08:50:43 pm »
I am new to the forum but have enjoyed reading as a guest. I have been reading and doing research for purchasing a new hot tub. There are two dealers in town both of which have been in business here for 20 + years. One is a hot springs dealer and the other carries both Marquis  and Caldera. One issue I have is the hot springs dealer has only one tub in store and not expecting any until early to mid December but will special order one for me. The other dealer has five Marquis's and three Caldera's in store. Don't remember all the models, but the hot springs is the jet setter and the Marquis are the Wish and Show, but not sure of the others. I really would like to wet test to be sure what I'm getting. What are your thought's and/or advice on my purchase as far as brand, models and dry & wet testing? Primary use will be therapy and relaxation. I'm thinking of 4/5 person tub mainly for myself and wife. There will be some occasions where there might be 4 people in. Thanks in advance for your help and thought's. It's a pretty significant investment so I want to do due diligence to reduce mistakes or regrets.

Hot Tub Forum

Advice on new purchase
« on: October 22, 2013, 08:50:43 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Advice on new purchase
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 09:41:41 pm »
I'm a big fan of the wish. The way the lounge is gives you a great massage. I especially like the neck jets in the wish. These are the hk-40 jets. The other marquis that would probably be of interest to you would be the reward, promise, resort, and mirage from the signature line and the 545, 750, and the 435 from the e-series. If lounges are important to both you and the wife check out the resort, if neither want lounge check out the promise. On the promise it is well worth the upgrade to go to the 2 pump system. The mirage may be a little on the small side for you but it does fit 4 comfortably. The show I believe will be overkill for what you are looking for. I'm a marquis dealer but also find that the caldera and hot springs spas are nicely made. You are in a very good negotiating position as all the tubs you are looking at are of the highest quality I just find that the marquis offers a better overall therapeutic massage

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:02:44 pm »
 Ok my first impression is a HS dealer that only has one spa on the floor and none till Dec, really isn't a HS dealer.  While he may sell a few, and may be a good company, personally I wouldn't trust the service end of it, in the long run.  Honestly though I don't know the full story.  Marquis and Caldera are good brands also and the dealer sounds more in tune with the whole deal..    Which do you like, wet tested yet all the usual questions..

kurt6137

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:32:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum, I would say , dont go for the jet setter.  I was considering that tub, but after wet testing the sovereign, a much better designed tub for room,  I am glad, I did not go with the jet setter. You need room to stretch and move around, even if its just two of your or one person in the tub. Dealer is important, I am lucky, I have two Hot Springs dealers close to me, so that was not a problem. I am a little biased on the Hot Springs, due to the fact, I had a limelight, totally different tub, than the sovereign. If you do go with Hot Springs, dont go with the salt system, not worth it. I use chlorine and this tub is super easy to maintain and is economical to run. It added about 30 dollars a month to the electric bill, well worth the cost, for the therapy it provides. Marquis a great tub too, you cant go wrong with either one, but dealer, dealer and dealer is a major consideration, when purchasing a tub. Good luck and let us know, what choice you made.

rambeaux

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 11:00:46 pm »
Thanks for the replies and thoughts. We went today and wet tested at the Marquis dealer. Was able to test the spirit and mirage. Was also able to test the Caldera brand models vanto and tahitian. Of these tested, the mirage seemed to be the leader, all things considered after this round of testing. Hottubguy, you also recommended a few other tubs that might interest me. I liked the lounge aspect and foot jets, while my wife liked the seats more. Any other thoughts or recommendations? Also, I still would like to try the Hot Springs, but I still don't know when or how many tubs the dealer will have in stock. As Jacuzzi Jim pointed out, this, plus the service aspect, does concern me somewhat. Thanks again, and I look forward to any other thoughts or advice!

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 01:16:45 pm »
rambeaux:  The Mirage is a really nice spa.  The quality and fit-and-finish are pretty hard to beat on a Marquis.  If you are going to run it on 220/240V, ask for the MP160 Pump Upgrade.  This will give you some extra power and this option shouldn't be very expensive.

rambeaux

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »
MarKee - the Mirage tub we wet tested was wired 220 and had a 160 gpm pump. Is this the MP160 upgrade you mentioned? The marked price for the tub is $7400. Does this sound about right for this tub?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:16:24 pm »
MarKee - the Mirage tub we wet tested was wired 220 and had a 160 gpm pump. Is this the MP160 upgrade you mentioned? The marked price for the tub is $7400. Does this sound about right for this tub?

That is what he was talking about. That's a good price we get a few hundred more for that tub

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 02:39:06 pm »
Yes, I was talking about the 160GPM pump.  We normally charge $8,495 for the Mirage + $199 for the pump upgrade.  I would say that's a great price.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 02:39:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42