What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: unplugged tubs and winter  (Read 4272 times)

Martayno

unplugged tubs and winter
« on: October 22, 2013, 07:42:21 pm »
I got my Dreammaker tub about 2 weeks ago and my neighbour keeps complaining about the noise from the pump (not the jets). Where I live (Toronto) it gets well below freezing at night in the winter. If I unplug the tub every night for 8 hours to keep him happy, will the lines be likely to freeze? I believe they're all inside the insulation, but I don't know for sure. I can keep track of the temperature in the tub itself, but I don't know about the lines. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing with this or any kind of tub?

Hot Tub Forum

unplugged tubs and winter
« on: October 22, 2013, 07:42:21 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: unplugged tubs and winter
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 08:15:43 pm »
They probably won't freeze but it will take forever to heat back up.  That tub is going to cost a fortune to heat as it is

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:48:24 am »
What kind of outside temps are we talking? When you say well below freezing to me that's 10 below zero F What's well below freezing to you?
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:31:58 am »
What kind of outside temps are we talking? When you say well below freezing to me that's 10 below zero F What's well below freezing to you?

Toronto gets temps in the winter ranging anywhere from 0 F  to 40sF  with a few excursions outside of that norm on occasion.  How loud can this tub be? Is it a town house or condo that is connected and close?  With winter arriving and the windows closed can he still hear it?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:53:30 am »
Sounds like you ticked your neighbor off at some time in the past and he doesn't want you to have a pleasurable experience with your HT.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

goneaway

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 08:33:29 am »
Buy a dog that never shuts up yapping, give him something to whinge about.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 09:21:53 am »
Buy a dog that never shuts up yapping, give him something to whinge about.

Good idea. Then he'll enjoy the "white" noise of the spa.   :D
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 10:37:58 am »

Toronto gets temps in the winter ranging anywhere from 0 F  to 40sF  with a few excursions outside of that norm on occasion.  How loud can this tub be? Is it a town house or condo that is connected and close?  With winter arriving and the windows closed can he still hear it?

These things are extremely loud.  There isn't a heater so it heats from the friction of the motor with a little heat stcik.  The only way it heats is on high speed.  This thing will probably run on high speed all winter in Toronto and be extremely loud.  Can't believe somebody sold you that to use outside in Canada

brillskill

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:56:30 am »
the newer dreamaker tubs have a heater also..its an option

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 07:04:27 pm »
the newer dreamaker tubs have a heater also..its an option
k

I did not know that. Are the pumps still single speed I wonder. Everyone I have ever seen has been a leaker

Martayno

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 12:33:38 am »
Thanks for your advice, everyone. I rotated the tub 90 degrees so the motor is now pointed directly away from his house, and that seems to have made him happy. His wife baked me some cookies to thank me!

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 07:55:57 am »
That was nice of both you and your neighbor. Glad it turned out so that you both got a gold star for effort.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 07:55:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42