What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Scented water  (Read 7544 times)

goneaway

Scented water
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:51:54 am »
Just wondering if there are any scents available that won't upset the water balance.
Both us us don't particularly like the smell of chlorine too much, and whilst I don't mind bromine, my wife thinks it smells of cat wee.

Hot Tub Forum

Scented water
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:51:54 am »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Scented water
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:04:59 am »
We use Spazzaz. Aroma is wonderful. Our favorite is Green Tea.

http://www.spazazz.com/products/
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

goneaway

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:32 am »
will take a look.. thanks
How long is it good for ?

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 11:23:29 am »
It's usually good for about 45 mins. It might be longer but I'm not sure if it's actually fading away or if I'm just used to it in that amount of time and needs a refresher dose. I use about a tablespoon at a time, so it might be that I need to put more in. I also have a floating fish dispenser that us fill up with the crystals and dump a little when desired.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 12:42:02 pm »
we sell the Spazazz also...the Eucalyptus Mint, Honey Mango, Margarita, Vanilla, Pina Colada are my favorites and all great sellers....tropical rain, chocolate, and love potion #9 would be my least favorite (all subjective of course).  I know there are other types/brands out there as well but the Spazazz brand sells really well for us

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 01:00:05 pm »
we sell the Spazazz also...the Eucalyptus Mint, Honey Mango, Margarita, Vanilla, Pina Colada are my favorites and all great sellers....tropical rain, chocolate, and love potion #9 would be my least favorite (all subjective of course).  I know there are other types/brands out there as well but the Spazazz brand sells really well for us

TC, wasn't trying to take anything away from you or anyone else, so since I didn't know who handled it from this site, I went posted straight from the mfr site. That's some good stuff. I keep in on hand all the time. We don't run out!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 01:46:47 pm »

TC, wasn't trying to take anything away from you or anyone else, so since I didn't know who handled it from this site, I went posted straight from the mfr site. That's some good stuff. I keep in on hand all the time. We don't run out!

no worries, the manufacture site is good because it shows all of the "flavors" (looks to be 30+) and most stores won't usually carry every single one, although I do recommend giving them the "sniff test" before you buy a big bottle, or buy the smaller samples just to try them out

goneaway

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 03:24:32 am »
Some interesting stuff there chaps.
I can buy a 4oz bottle of cystals here in the UK, so I might try a few flavours.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 08:18:02 am »
Make sure the Green tea is one of them.  ;) That is a wonderful aroma.

goneaway

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 09:13:00 am »
Green Tea ordered.
Wish me luck :-)

goneaway

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 11:19:07 am »
Hi Spoiled.

I tried the Green Tea, but alas I wasn't impressed.
I received a 4oz jar, and decided to start gently by adding 1 tablespoon.
Neither of us could smell anything, so we added another, again nothing.
That was about 2oz used, so i added the rest.
The jar did actually state "add all contents to spa"

So with the full 4oz now added, i could only just smell anything different.
At £6.25 per jar, and you say only lasts 45 minutes, i think it's extremely expensive for something that hardly works.

I think i'll look for a budget household alternative.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 03:58:22 pm »
Try the inspirations line.  We sell a lot of it and customers usually come back and buy more so it must be working!

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 07:57:40 am »
Hi Spoiled.

I tried the Green Tea, but alas I wasn't impressed.
I received a 4oz jar, and decided to start gently by adding 1 tablespoon.
Neither of us could smell anything, so we added another, again nothing.
That was about 2oz used, so i added the rest.
The jar did actually state "add all contents to spa"

So with the full 4oz now added, i could only just smell anything different.
At £6.25 per jar, and you say only lasts 45 minutes, i think it's extremely expensive for something that hardly works.

I think i'll look for a budget household alternative.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you, keat. The wife and I love it. We buy it by the 22oz and is all we use now. We tried another scent and it didn't do anything for us, so I guess it all comes down to what your body reacts to. Again, sorry I made such a strong suggestion, but I thought you'd really enjoy that one.

I'd be interested to know how any of the others work for you; 1) to see if it might be the chemicals over-riding the aroma, and 2) to know which other scents people like to give me an idea of which others to try. I'm bad about sticking with one thing that works for me rather than venturing out, so any recommendations you have on the other scents, please share.   ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:11:05 am by Spoiledrotten »

goneaway

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 08:27:04 am »
The smell from the jar was lovelly, just couldn't really smell it in the water.

girlinhotwater

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 10:00:30 pm »
I ordered some online too, and I got the Green tea, honey mango and eucalyptus mint. It says to add 1 oz per 100 gals. I thought the green tea was lovely. Honey mango was ok won't order again... But...I am an allergy sufferer and the eucalyptus mint is amazing!!!! I could breath like never before after a 30 min soak! This is now a must have for me can't live without!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 10:00:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42