What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hard water  (Read 3228 times)

Ali

Hard water
« on: September 23, 2013, 09:34:00 am »
I'm awaiting a delivery of my new hot tub. I live in a hard water area n don't want it to fur up lie my kettle. Any tips?

Hot Tub Forum

Hard water
« on: September 23, 2013, 09:34:00 am »

Sam

Re: Hard water
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 01:02:02 pm »
I don't know if I have ever seen a hot tub fur up lie a kettle.   :D

J/K, if you have extremely hard water you can add a stain and scale control product weekly to prevent scaling.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 12:50:54 am »
You can also go to your friendly HotSpring Portable Spa dealer and purchase one of three things:

Vanishing Act regular and eXtra Large (a water softening pillow which you set over your water return fitting and allow to stay there for 24 hours. Depending upon your spa and it's circulatory system, it may take longer - the HotSpring tubs have constant circulation and it works in one day, but if your spa starts and stops the circulation it may take longer.

Also, Watkins has announced the arrival of a portable softener system for HotSpring dealers. We can loan you this small softener, and you use it to fill your tub. Not free, but easy.

There are also systems available from West Marine and other places which come with easy garden hose connectors -

do a Google search for 'Portable Water Softener' and you will see lots to choose from

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 07:53:53 am »
I don't know if I have ever seen a hot tub fur up lie a kettle.   :D

J/K, if you have extremely hard water you can add a stain and scale control product weekly to prevent scaling.

I guess id want to know what your readings are first.
Retired

hawkella

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 09:34:20 pm »
If you have a water softener fill 80% hard 20% softened.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 09:34:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42