What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Spa Vanto Model  (Read 5053 times)

jkoolreid

Caldera Spa Vanto Model
« on: August 27, 2013, 02:29:37 pm »
I have a Series C VACANZA # VNTIP3169 and I need to replace the circuit board.  The board burned out. I bought it brand new last summer and it ran fine all year until I got in one night and it was completly shut off. I'm getting all the wiring checked and once done want to buy the correct circuit board.  Can anyone tell me where I can buy the circuit board or spa controller (I'm reading it 's cheaper to by the whole controller)

Disappointed in store I bought it - charged me $283 to look at it for 30 minutes to tell me they wouldn't cover it.  So I want to fix it else where.

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Spa Vanto Model
« on: August 27, 2013, 02:29:37 pm »

Sam

Re: Caldera Spa Vanto Model
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:19 pm »
The control pack should have a label on it telling you who makes it and what model it is.  This is different than the make and model of hot tub that you have.  Most hot tub manufacturers do not make their own packs, motors, ozonators, etc, but buy them from other companies. 

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 03:56:37 pm »
Bought new just a year ago, that doesn't fall under warranty?
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

jkoolreid

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »
Nope they told me that my electrician wired it wrong.  I'm having another one come over to check it out.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 03:18:21 pm »
Retracted my comment.... I hate those "it was someone else's fault so we aren't honoring the warranty" kind of calls.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:20:13 pm by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Wannatub

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 05:43:27 pm »
I'm certainly not an electrician, but any time I've wired something backa$$wards I knew pretty immediately something was wrong, so I'm finding it hard to imagine it taking a whole year for that kind of shoddy workmanship to make itself known...  I'd probably bypass the dealer all together and take my claim directly to Watkins and see if all the talk around here that they go the extra mile in customer care is true. 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »
some info. missing from this story...Watkins isn't going to deny a claim for sh*ts and giggles, if they denied it, there is a good reason for it

brillskill

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 08:46:10 pm »
Costco would take it right back:)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 06:46:20 am »
Yea they would. You'd have to lie to them and do something deceitful but they would take it. Cause they are to stupid to know the difference.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:43 am »
stupid?...it is one of the best run retailers on the planet...stock is at an all time high,customer service is excellent and they actually pay there employees way above average and cover them with benefits...maybe the tubs they sell arent the best,maybe even sh$$y ..but if costco is "stupid" than i want my bus to be "stupid" also....usally your responses to my posts all though annoying to me make sense but calling costco stupid is just ridiculous

Wannatub

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 01:27:55 pm »
some info. missing from this story...Watkins isn't going to deny a claim for sh*ts and giggles, if they denied it, there is a good reason for it

He says he's disapointd in the store where he bought it.  I took that to mean he didn't think to take it up with Watkins directly.  Probably wouldn't cost any extra to see what they have to say about it.  Who knows -- maybe we've got a shady dealer here...  I'd at lest look into it.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 11:15:05 am »
If it ran for a year, I doubt it was wired wrong. I would contact service manager and/or Watkins customer service.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 04:23:04 pm »
If it ran for a year, I doubt it was wired wrong. I would contact service manager and/or Watkins customer service.

This is my thought as well. If it's hooked up wrong, you're probably going to get a breaker kicked or wires burning within a few minutes. Not after a year or normal use.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 04:23:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42