What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: grey slimey stuff  (Read 2475 times)

hkc

grey slimey stuff
« on: August 17, 2013, 12:18:51 pm »
I finally had my new Sundance Edison spa delivered about 6 weeks ago and have been using it every night. It's wonderful, and we're so happy with our choice. We've had a few people over to try it and everything was ok until yesterday, when we discovered the water was scummy and grey slime behind the headrests and around the sides. What the heck happened? The only thing that we're doing differently is we started using spa perfect to get rid of foam. My husband had been putting chlorine in every day and the dealer said we only needed to do that once a week. So we switched to shocking it daily and chlorine once a week and a week later we have slime. I didn't use the tub last night and I'm pissed. We have an arsenal of chemicals so if anyone has any ideas let me know- we probably have what it needs.

Hot Tub Forum

grey slimey stuff
« on: August 17, 2013, 12:18:51 pm »

Sam

Re: grey slimey stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 12:48:22 pm »
What water treatment program are you on?  It sounds like maybe ozone, nature 2, mps shock, with chlorine once per week?  Can you post a picture of the slime?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:45:55 am »
Sounds like you should be going back to chlorine with each use.  Also need to know source of foam.  Bathing suits? Soft water?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:45:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42