What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A question of hygiene.  (Read 4207 times)

Grandee622

A question of hygiene.
« on: July 30, 2013, 07:59:29 pm »
Being new to the world of hot tubs I try to do everything I can to make sure the water in the tub is perfect. So far so good! My Hotspring dealer instructed me to always take a "soap shower" before getting into the spa. Do most of you do that as well? Is it really nessary ? What would happen if I don't?!? Thanks in advance for your advise.

Hot Tub Forum

A question of hygiene.
« on: July 30, 2013, 07:59:29 pm »

kurt6137

Re: A question of hygiene.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 11:22:07 pm »
I am no expert, but I have owned hot tubs for 20 years, Yes, it is very wise to wash off before going in tub. Just make sure you get all soap residue off the body, which all people do anyway. I have made the mistake a couple of times of not bathing, sometimes it ok, but if you have been sweating all day profusely, it is not wise. Is it absolutely necessary, no, but you have to make sure, you dose it with chlorine after getting out. Like, I said, im no expert, but I have gone in plenty of times, with no dire consequences, just as long as you follow up on sanitizing and water chemistry. :D

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 05:48:18 am »
Perspiration is easy to get from the water with chlorine. Deodorant, perfume, body lotion, hair spray and the like can be more difficult. If you use a lot of these products you should shower first. If you don't use a lot of these products you may never have a problem even if you don't shower off.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 07:16:05 am »
Perspiration is easy to get from the water with chlorine. Deodorant, perfume, body lotion, hair spray and the like can be more difficult. If you use a lot of these products you should shower first. If you don't use a lot of these products you may never have a problem even if you don't shower off.

I go along with this thinking. When you keep your tub hot and stay in it awhile, you perspire when your in the tub.  That doesn't bother me a whole lot as I keep my tub clean and its just my wife and I, we rarely have anyone else in.   Also I wouldn't take a soap shower, but in some cases  to take rinsing shower.  I avoid soap in the tub as much as anything. No suits unless they have been run through a wash cycle with no soap. If you have ever been on a cruise ship, you see the results of residiual soap in suits.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Flyonthewall

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 12:38:17 pm »
i always take a shower after soaking.  i know the instructions say i should before, but if hot tubbing starts becoming a chore i'm less likely to do it. 

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 02:44:43 pm »
i always take a shower after soaking.  i know the instructions say i should before, but if hot tubbing starts becoming a chore i'm less likely to do it.

That's the way I am. My wife and I are the only ones that have been in ours so far, and I believe we are relatively clean people. I'm not going to be taking a shower each evening before entering. We do wash our suits in clear water (no soap) but if someone looks dirty (unclean) they won't be getting in my tub anyway. I would also be willing to bet that 90% of the ones that suggest taking a shower, don't do it, either.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 02:44:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42