What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Permanent Reprogram Control Panel - would it be possible ?  (Read 6189 times)

goneaway

Permanent Reprogram Control Panel - would it be possible ?
« on: July 29, 2013, 08:56:53 am »
Is it possible to reprogram the control panel ?
I guess without me posting the exact model of control box, it's a tricky question to answer, but at least if definitive answers come back, i'll know if it's feasible or not.
Its an Artisan island.

Firstly, I'd like to program it so Celsius shows as default instead of Fahrenheit.
But I'd also like to configure the start up temperature.

The reasoning is, I switch it off at night to conserve electricity.
Then in the morning when my solar PV panels are generating electricity, I switch it back on.
Of course when I switch it back on, it defaults back to the factory standard settings, meaning I then have to go outside and set it up manually.

It would be great if the default (power on) was configured for 38 degrees C, instead of  92 degrees F (33C) which is a bit too cold for me.

Hot Tub Forum

Permanent Reprogram Control Panel - would it be possible ?
« on: July 29, 2013, 08:56:53 am »

goneaway

Re: Permanent Reprogram Control Panel - would it be possible ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:07:12 am »
I'm going to guess that the control box is a Gekko S class, looking at images on the web.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:47:57 am »
Sounds like you're asking for the impossible as far as cutting power and it coming back on at your preferred setting. That would be like you disconnecting the power from your car battery and expecting the radio to still display your programmed channels. I might be wrong about the spa, but I would think it's the same concept. Good luck with it, though. I hope you get the answer you're looking for.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:01:47 am »
 About the only thing you can do is change the jumper settings on the circuit board.   I can't remember if there is one for temp or not.

goneaway

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 06:18:09 am »
My old soft tub defaulted at 38 deg C, which was handy, as I could switch it off at night, then back on in the morning with no intervention on the control panel.

I found a service manual yesterday which shows a jumper for the temperature, but to be honest C to F is a minor hassle.
Last night I tried various combinations of button presses, but couldn't find any sort of hidden menu/settings, so I guess I'll just have to live with going out the back every morning.

It would have been nice if i could operate the switch from the house instead though.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:19:53 am by keat63 »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 01:20:38 am »
See if your control has a 'sleep' mode. That would be in addition to the "Standard," and "Economy" modes which it most likely has. If it has the "sleep" mode, you may very well be able to simply schedule it to sleep (not heat) during the night. That way, the tub is always hot and ready, you don't need to actually power it down. If the PV array kicks in late one or two days, the tub will consume power from the grid, but it really shouldn't be enough to change your bill.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

goneaway

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 03:21:55 am »
I reckon looking at the similarities, my panel is also a Gekko. Very similar to this one.
http://www.dolphinpools.co.uk/thumbnail/1000/var/files/Spa-Parts/Control-Panels/HydroQuip-and-Gecko-Panels/TSC-9__K-9__Gecko_Touch_Pad_4_Button.jpg

Only mine has a series of red dots in the temperature display window.
The only buttons I have are Temperature up, down, lamp and pump.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 09:34:54 am »
 Try pressing the light btn then the temp btm see what comes up.     If it goes from numbers to std (standard) then do it again then ec (economy) might show up, once more you might get slp (sleep).  Worth a try..

goneaway

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 10:16:37 am »
I did try a host of different combinations the other evening, and couldn't find anything.
If I'm being honest, it's not so much a sleep button/combi i'm looking for.
As this would still require me going out around the back and putting it into sleep mode every evening.

I was hoping that I could switch it off from the house at night, and switch it back on the next morning when the PV's were generating, thus not have to interfere with the tub.
I could still do this i suppose, but the temperature defaults to 92°F.

I've scored the net and found a whole host of manufacturers using this panel under their own guise, and not one of them mentions being able to change this default, so it looks like i'll have to live with it.
It's probably hard coded in the eprom.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:39:40 am by keat63 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 10:16:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42