What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Five month report card  (Read 2560 times)

bimmerdog

Five month report card
« on: July 18, 2013, 07:39:30 pm »
How time flies when you're soaking  ;D

I have been extremely happy with my Sundance Optima hot tub.  In the past 5 months the tub was not used for 8 days.  On 36 days the tub was used more than once.  The average number of people in the tub is two and average time is just over 25 minutes per use. 

After the first month I drained my tub as was recommended by my hot tub dealer.  I clean my filter every week by spraying it off and on month one and five I used Aqua Finesse filter cleaning tablets and let the filter soak for awhile.  I have to say the filter comes out of the soak looking good. 

The five month drain I used a spa clean tablet to do a deep cleaning of the whole system.   

Chemical use over the five months.  I have used  2 1/2 16 oz bottles of SpaBoss Chlor-Aid and once a week I add 6 oz Aqua Finesse Hot Tub Water Solution.  I used Leisure Time Renew twice when we had 7 people and 12 people use the tub two different times.  I have not had to use ANYTHiNG else in the 5 months.  I test the water two to three times a week and the pH, total alkalinity, calcium hardness have never had to be adjusted . Water temperature in winter is 102 and summer is 95.  The wife likes those temperatures.

Like I have said before I don't use my hot tub as a bathtub.  Anyone who uses the tub knows to wash their suit without using soap.   

Grade for the tub
Ease of use (getting in and out moving around in the tub)                                                                                        A
Use of controls (being able to set up the control panel and using the different knobs to control the jets and air)            A
Power of jets                                                                                                                                                        A-
Bluewave sound system (this still amazes me every time I'm in the tub)                                                                  A+
Ease of maintenance  ( The way to drain the tub is fantastic and incredibly fast)                                                        A
ClearRay water system (All I can say is I am glad I bought this system)                                                                   A

In four months I will do the report card again.       

Hot Tub Forum

Five month report card
« on: July 18, 2013, 07:39:30 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Five month report card
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:29:46 am »

Grade for the tub
Ease of use (getting in and out moving around in the tub)                                                                                        A
Use of controls (being able to set up the control panel and using the different knobs to control the jets and air)            A
Power of jets                                                                                                                                                        A-
Bluewave sound system (this still amazes me every time I'm in the tub)                                                                  A+
Ease of maintenance  ( The way to drain the tub is fantastic and incredibly fast)                                                        A
ClearRay water system (All I can say is I am glad I bought this system)                                                                   A

In four months I will do the report card again.       

Interesting message. I'm in a similar situation, My Sundance was the Majesta and Its approaching 10 months old, but otherwise we are similar.  I think the only thing I would change is possibly a B for controls if you include the front panel controls.  Maybe its my advancing age, but I did have all my VCR's clocks set when I had a VCR, but the only thing I don't like about my controls is the flashing light telling me its time to clean the filter. I clean my filter more than it suggests, but it still flashes that filter icon and I haven't bothered to get to manual out to figure out how to reset it, so I just ignore it.  The same will probably happen with the Clear Ray at a year.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 10:37:02 am »
Geeze Wm.   You're getting lazy in your old age.  ;D

Here's what to do, and yes, you can turn the filter change indictor to "off"

1. Press the CYCLE button 6 times. The main display reads “FIL”
indicating the “Change Filter” display program has been accessed.

2. Press SELECT button once to display the currently programmed
duration or to view days elapsed since last filter cleaning interval.

3. Press UP or DOWN button to change duration setting as follows:
0 - 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 - 50 - 60 - 70 - 80 - 90 - 100 - 11 0 - 120 - OFF

4. Press DISPLAY button once to save changes and return to the
standard water temperature display. Note: If no button is pressed
within 30 seconds, all changes are recorded and the screen automatically
returns to the standard water temperature display
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 10:37:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42