What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: just bought a spa but i need help!!!  (Read 13293 times)

ezzo

just bought a spa but i need help!!!
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:12:43 pm »
Hello everyone, thank you for reading my post. I have just bought an Exuma hottub from Premier hot tubs in Norwich. The instructions for the control panel were not very good as they seem to have been badly translated  >:(

Ok, so I have a few questions which I cant find by Googling and the place where I bought it wont have a manual

1) We all jumped in and then jumped out. the water was left cloudy and so a threw in 100 grams of non chlorine shock treatment and put the jets on for 30 mins, next day it was still very cloudy. I asked a hot tub shop and they gave me some clarifier. I put in 18ml (is this about right for a 1.6 cbm tub?) but its still cloudy

The filtering system has no on / off button and there noowhere on the control panel to switch the filtering system on unless i heat the pool us and then the filters come on but once i stop heating they soon turn off. They also seem to come on for a while at various periods. Again with no manual im baffled.

Can anyone help with the following ........ pleeeeeeeeeeeeze

1) how do you shock treat a spa ( step by simple step )
2) why would it still be cloudy?
3) Why does my filtering system only come on when i heat the spa ( they also come on for 3 hours each morning as pre set )

PS: i have not yet tested PH level / chlorine levels yet as my testing strips are not here until tommorrow
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:18:24 pm by ezzo »

Hot Tub Forum

just bought a spa but i need help!!!
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:12:43 pm »

brillskill

Re: just bought a spa but i need help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 03:07:24 pm »
shocking and water maintenence are all over this firum as well as instructions on the actual shock and chlorine products...as for your spa only heating when the pump is running...(.i assume there is no circulation pump)...the water has to move through or by the heater ...think about it...

brillskill

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 03:09:26 pm »
one more thing...the tub must have been programmed via the control panel to come on every couple of hours or it simply comes on to maintain set water temp

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 03:49:52 pm »
Post a picture of the spa side control panel. While I think this is a Chinese made spa, it looks like they're using American made Balboa controls.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ezzo

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 05:28:31 pm »
Hello, here is the control panel. There is also the button in the top left ( looks like a wheel in a right angle) i dont know what this button does  :-\ If I could get an instruction manual for this control panel then i'd be  ;D instead of  :-[

The manual says it is a KL8500

It wouls be even better is I could get a manual for my hot tub which is an 'Exuma'

Here is a link to the control panel

control panel : http://www.famestreet.com/control.htm

hottub: http://www.premierhottubsuk.co.uk/hot-tubs/exuma-luxury-hot-tub.aspx

Thanks, Terry
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:19:21 am by wmccall »

goneaway

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 05:46:01 am »
Hi Ezzo.

Norwich UK ?
I'm also a newbie when it comes to hot tubbin, however, from my few months doing so, this is what I've found.
As a bench mark starting point.

Chlorine is 1 tablespoon per 250 gallons.
PH+ is 3 tablespoons per 250 gallons.
Adjust according to the amount of water you have of course..

And it goes without saying that this really only accounts for my local water.
Cloud can be caused by soaps and other chemicals on clothing, make up, body oils etc etc.
I also get clouding when I add PH+, but this dissipates after about 24 hours.
I've still not got to the bottom of this.

I use non chlorine shock once per week, adding about a tablespoon per 250 gallons.
Shock with the lid off, and pumps running, and leave for an hour before getting in.
Clarifier may clear the cloud, but could take a while.
As far as i know clarifier binds small particles together, to allow the filter to catch them.
It's not a miracle cure.

My tub only has 1 pump, so circulates when the heater is on, or the cleaning cycle has activated.

goneaway

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 05:50:14 am »

goneaway

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 05:53:46 am »

ezzo

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 12:57:26 pm »

My tub only has 1 pump, so circulates when the heater is on, or the cleaning cycle has activated.

Hello Keat, thank for the reply, this is interesting to me about the pump. Firstly am i correct in thinking that the 'pump' is the thing that filters the water' It only comes on during heating and for 3 hours daily when cleaning. This sounds like your one also.

When adding chlorine / shock or other chemicals, im told to put the pump on but if the pump only comes on during heating and cleaning (like yours) then how can i mix the chemicals properly. How do you do it, do you put the jets on instead?

thanks, Terry ;D

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 03:53:58 pm »
The pump pumps water. The filter filters water...The pump pumps water through the filter...and after the water goes through the filter, it returns to the spa through the jets.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

goneaway

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 03:23:20 am »
Hi Ezzo.

Yours may have 2 pumps, one for circulating, and a main pump for the jets.
The circulating pump is used to heat the water, and run the daily filter cycle.
This could quite easily activate all by it's self, without intervention.

The main pump is the one you would activate when your'e in the tub, and want the jets on.
This will also cycle the water around the system.
I'm going to hazard a guess as to the right hand buttons labelled 1, 2 & 3, activate the main pump.

So yes, when adding chemicals, activate the jets.
Also In either instance, circulating or main pump, the water will still be going through the whole system including the filters.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:15:36 am by keat63 »

J.lawson594@btinternet.co

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 02:44:15 pm »
Hi Ezzo

I've also just got an exuma & I'm having real problems even getting it to heat up - did you have to change any of the switch settings in the main control box as mine won't come up with "nom" or "EEC" & we can't hear a pump working to initially heat up the tub - can you help please or anybody as my darter is having a birthday party on Saturday & we were hoping to have it heated up by then - we have set the temp to 35 & then the display goes back to 22 but doesn't seem to be doing anything - I've read the manual link you posted & I'm sorry to crash your posting but this is the only thing I've found

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 02:44:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42