What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring Vs Jacuzzi Help  (Read 16353 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hotspring Vs Jacuzzi Help
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 06:31:16 pm »
Jacuzzi does not cover travel, we do though as a dealer, unless they live on one of the islands in the San Jauns.

Its never covered, its always up to the dealers to make their own rules and shoppers should always ask up front.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 06:31:16 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 07:27:23 pm »
Jacuzzi does not cover travel, we do though as a dealer, unless they live on one of the islands in the San Jauns.

Its never covered, its always up to the dealers to make their own rules and shoppers should always ask up front.

???   You telling me this? 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 07:39:54 pm »

???   You telling me this?

Sorry, that was not my intention!  :o
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 08:08:19 pm »

no "trip charge" huh..wow didn't think there was anyone left who wasn't charging some type of warranty trip charge...just curious what your service radius is?

Water Boy

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 08:12:28 pm »

no "trip charge" huh..wow didn't think there was anyone left who wasn't charging some type of warranty trip charge...just curious what your service radius is?
We don't charge trip charges either under warranty, and never have. At least yet. When gas was approaching $4 a gallon, we considered it. What do you guys charge for a trip charge Twin Cities?
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 08:28:45 pm »

30/40 miles or so..   We have Canada to the north of us, you can only go so far east and hit mountains, to the west we have water.   Seattle is about 80 miles south and we stretch down about 50 miles.     The San Jauns require a ferry and it can be a 5 to 8 hour day so we charge for that, but only after the first year.   We give a grace period if something happens which is usually in the first month or so.    I know if gas goes over four things would probably change.. 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 11:59:22 am »

We don't charge trip charges either under warranty, and never have. At least yet. When gas was approaching $4 a gallon, we considered it. What do you guys charge for a trip charge Twin Cities?

we have a "VIP" program, first 6 months of ownership all chems are 10% off and if you have an issue there is no trip charge in that time period as well..after that a trip charge is $40-$50 depending on the distance...not something anyone wants to do under warranty but if your paying a tech a fair wage plus medical/dental and $4 a gallon gas in a service van that gets 10 miles to the gallon it was almost a necessity....sorry for going off topic, OP have you tested either spa yet?

Flyonthewall

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 02:06:37 pm »
thats just semantics.  the warranty only states that the dealer, at their discretion, can charge reasonable travel time.  by stating the warranty covers travel time they are just making it clear they are not opting for the additional charge.

Jacuzzi_Kirra

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 09:16:44 pm »
I've never been charged by my Jacuzzi dealer to come out and service the hot tub when something is wrong and they are 80 miles away, although they did charge me a $200 delivery fee when I purchased the J-480.  I would not let the six months of chemicals be the driving focus of which hot tub to buy, as it might be a hot tub starter kit with a chemical line you end up not using.  Here's where I purchase my chemicals from online - Hot Tub Works.  I use leisure time products and zodiac cense for SPS w. Nature 2 mineral sanitizer.   I'm on a twice week schedule plus using the SPS daily when I'm using the hot tub daily, so my expenses are higher than I originally estimated.  Most likely more in the $400 range per year when draining the hot tub every 90 days.

Brodie

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 07:53:32 pm »
Hey Guy's,

Was just sitting and realized I left everyone hanging on the hot tub I decided to go with. I ended up going with the jacuzzi 495 for a few different reasons that hit my hot buttons. A major factor that helped was the no travel fees for warranty or service which was incredible huge as i live 1 hour from the dealer each direction. Another great factor was the jacuzzi dealer treated me really good with questions and gave me a great price off the bat with not to much haggling.

Basically ended up paying 13,500 which included the stereo (dealer told me the speakers go about every 3 years and are 75 each to replace which I felt was very transparent and didn't really bother me). Also he through in the chemical to get me moving and a cover caddy not to mention they delivered and set it up for me. In terms of keeping things apples to apples keep in mind too I am located in Canada and tubs are usually a bit more up here just with exchange and shipping to get them from the states(I'm assumingw jacuzzi j495s are assembled in the US)

Too all you awesome folks out there that gave some guidance and input it was much appareciated.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 11:20:07 pm »
Never assume :-)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 11:20:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42