What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring Vs Jacuzzi Help  (Read 16354 times)

Brodie

Hotspring Vs Jacuzzi Help
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:20:51 pm »
I have been lurking in the dark until now reading lots of input and reviews and feedback of everyone figuring the whole hottub world out. I am just looking at purchasing my first hot tub and never realized there was so much to know so I thank everyone for filling me in on all the good tips in advance!

I am renovating my backyard and basically I am in the mindset as I don't want to purchase a tub more than once (Atleast as long as there's warranty on it which is 5 years for both manufactures). The tub will mostly be used by my wife and two kids but we do entertain a bit.

The two tubs I am comparing against is the Hotspring Gleam and the Jacuzzi J-495. Recliner no recliner doesn't really matter to me and I know they are both really large tubs but I would rather have the extra seats and not need them than need them and not have them. I have visited with both dealers and talked with them (Everything up to the wet test, which I realize after reading this forum is important).

At the HotSpring dealer the gleam I was priced at $10,495 for the floor model with a small scratch or $10,900 for an ordered in one picked up at the store. This included the CoverCaddie and a year of chemicals but didn't include the stereo or ACE Water System (Which after reading reviews on the ACE I am going to stay clear of). At the Jacuzzi store I was priced $12,500 on the J-495 delivered and setup. I attempted to tell him I would pick it up and install it myself as I am rural and about an hour from the store which they told me it doesn't affect price as they want to know where I live to be able to service me. On the plus side to help make up for the missing CradleCover and chems the Jacuzzi dealer said travel time to come fix my tub was covered by warranty where the Hotspring dealer said there is a mileage charge for this.

All in all I am stuck at a standstill between the two tubs and was hoping someone could assist me in pointing out something I might be missing or not seeing in the decision process. Any help would be appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

Hotspring Vs Jacuzzi Help
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:20:51 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hotspring Vs Jacuzzi Help
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:22:31 pm »
I read through your post and I don't see that you're missing anything really. You're choosing between two of the top brands out there so its not as if one is better for you by definition. Schedule those wet tests and if possible try to do them on the same day or at least same weekend so they're both fresh in your mind and you can compare them better being closely timed together.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brodie

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:43:04 am »
Thanks Spatech I also just realized my numbers were off as it was only 6 months worth of Chemicals at hot spring not 1 year. Will try to book in a water test back to back to help make up our mind

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:59:16 pm »
 The Gleam is relatively new to the scene and looks nice, lot's of Purdy lights.  But I gotta give the upper hand for sure to the Jacuzzi!  12,500 is a very good price!   

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 01:23:21 pm »
Thanks Spatech I also just realized my numbers were off as it was only 6 months worth of Chemicals at hot spring not 1 year. Will try to book in a water test back to back to help make up our mind

Prices of 10,500 for a Gleam floor model or 10,900 for a newly ordered Gleam are very, very good prices but when you add in the fact that the cover cradle, 6 months of chems and the breaker panel are all included (standard on all Hot Spring spas) that is a great deal but by all means wet test them.

Brodie

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:08:24 pm »
Thanks Jim & Ace. I do believe they are not to bad of prices but of course I have never bought chem before so not sure the value. The main thing that's keeping me thinking Jacuzzi is the Warranty no service or mileage charges if something were to happen to the hottub. As I have never owned one of my own before I am not sure how often things happen or wear out nor how much a ballpark on a service call would be per trip if I went with a Hotspring (Gas is expensive and couple service calls could fill the gap between the tub costs if the either one was problematic in a hurry).

I will book a wet test and let you all know which one I went with.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 07:48:12 am »
Thanks Jim & Ace. I do believe they are not to bad of prices but of course I have never bought chem before so not sure the value. The main thing that's keeping me thinking Jacuzzi is the Warranty no service or mileage charges if something were to happen to the hottub. As I have never owned one of my own before I am not sure how often things happen or wear out nor how much a ballpark on a service call would be per trip if I went with a Hotspring (Gas is expensive and couple service calls could fill the gap between the tub costs if the either one was problematic in a hurry).

Mine also came with the poly steps, which we sent back for a store credit.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 01:32:39 pm »

You'd spend a lot less up front getting the Gleam but ask them up front and tell them why you want to know so they know that's a factor to you.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »
for this type of money I really stress the importance of a wet test...both tubs are from well established, reputable manufacturers with near the same warranty so have the family test them out will help determine which is better for you....a Gleam for $10.5k with a small scratch is a rockstar price so if your family enjoys it you'll be saving yourself a couple grand vs. the Jacuzzi....good luck and let us know how it turns out

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:06 am »
Welcome to the forum by the way. Do let us know what you do and your thoughts on the process.  I have yet to see the gleam myself. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

girlinhotwater

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 11:54:09 am »
I just saw the Gleam last weekend and I was really impressed. That thing is beautiful & HUGE!!! I was shocked to see the moto-massage DX in it. I thought that was strictly a Highlife feature. I am biased because I am an H.S Envoy owner, so I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Gleam. As far as chemicals go, with ozone and the silver ion I am guessing I'll spend about $50 a year on chemicals.

bimmerdog

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 04:42:01 pm »
I just saw the Gleam last weekend and I was really impressed. That thing is beautiful & HUGE!!! I was shocked to see the moto-massage DX in it. I thought that was strictly a Highlife feature. I am biased because I am an H.S Envoy owner, so I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Gleam. As far as chemicals go, with ozone and the silver ion I am guessing I'll spend about $50 a year on chemicals.
$50 a year on chemicals?  Keep good records on how much you spend on chemicals and let us know next year. Enjoy your tub. 

Flyonthewall

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 05:24:56 pm »
decide which one you like and then hammer out the details.  if you were prepared to make a deal you might be able to get hot springs to waive any trip charges.  i think they would prefer that over losing a deal to jacuzzi.  i'm pretty impressed you can tackle delivering a spa of that size on your own.  those are both giants.  be able to go flat all the way i assume? 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »
"the Jacuzzi dealer said travel time to come fix my tub was covered by warranty"   as far as I know travel time/mileage is not covered under a factory warranty for any major spa manufacturer (someone correct me If I'm wrong) so I would get this is writing on the contract with specifics..ie are they covering travel for the entire warranty? half? etc.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »
 Jacuzzi does not cover travel, we do though as a dealer, unless they live on one of the islands in the San Jauns. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42