What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The benefits of a dealer.  (Read 2742 times)

gspar

The benefits of a dealer.
« on: June 14, 2013, 11:18:04 pm »
Could someone please explain to me what is the benefit of a dealer over just going to a good authorized tech?  Do authorized techs do warranty work as well as dealers at no cost to you or will they still charge you for labor?

Hot Tub Forum

The benefits of a dealer.
« on: June 14, 2013, 11:18:04 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: The benefits of a dealer.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 10:31:37 am »
It is really impossible to answer this question, because it will vary from locale to locale. Most tub makers pay less than standard wages to their dealers to do warranty repair, and the dealer also gives up the profit from the sale of the parts involved. They do so willingly, in exchange for the perqs of being a dealer, and the support the factory can provide in cases of "Customer Service," meaning those times when somebody needs to pony up and pay for a new spa or other large expense.

If you want to buy a spa without a dealer, hope that it never breaks. In fact, without a dealer, even a small problem can become a big problem in a hurry.

If you simply do not have any dealers nearby, yes, you can have the tub repaired by a local tech, but count on paying for some of that out of your pocket.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HT2020

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 04:38:15 pm »
My dealer has stood by me and helped whenever I have had an issue.  The other day I happened to mention that I was going to drain my spa and would like a bottle of Metal-Gon when I refill it.  He sent it to me by mail and refused to take payment.  He has helped out in many other ways including phone advice etc.  I think that with a complex purchase such as a spa it pays to go with the dealer whenever possible.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 04:38:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42