What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great Northern Hot Tubs?  (Read 12281 times)

ciekay

Great Northern Hot Tubs?
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:32:51 pm »
I am thinking of buying a Great Northern Hot Tub because it has great depth. Does anyone have experience with Great Northern Hot Tubs?

Thanks,

Hot Tub Forum

Great Northern Hot Tubs?
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:32:51 pm »

Sam

Re: Great Northern Hot Tubs?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »
I have not heard of them before, but judging by their website they are very basic with very few jets. This may not be a bad thing depending upon your needs in a hot tub.  What things are important to you besides depth?   There are many reputable hot tub manufacturers that make a deep spa.  One thing that doesn't make sense to me is that their site says that they have no footwell.  This seems kind of odd to me and may not be comfortable.  Since they are factory direct you can't even sit in it dry.

I also noticed that they don't list their warranty on the site.  Inquire about the warranty and who will perform the work if it fails.  If they say that they have a tech in your area, I would ask for his contact info and call him.  This may be the perfect tub for you but I would certainly compare it to other options before making a decision.

Good luck!  If you do end up with this tub, I would love to hear your review on it.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:06:07 pm »
Check out either a Nordic Warrior or a Nordic Crown XL.  Both are 40'' deep and have more jets plus you would be able to see one in person.  Those tubs seem overpriced for what they are

BurnedTwice

Never mind
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 02:25:54 pm »
"  "
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:46:03 pm by BurnedTwice »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 04:05:09 pm »
if you tell me the brand type of pump, and all about the control system, I can probably tell you haw it all hooks up.....maybe :-)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 05:51:01 pm »
They note that.they.are.kits on their wesite.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 06:56:52 pm »
That's to bad. I have seen a few GN's and they seemed pretty good. There was nice wood work and they were inside nice homes lower levels with views. I assumed they were indoor designed tubs. I like that. I never worked on one but being from MN I have seen a few. I'll build ya one....
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 07:10:36 pm »
Sorry for my poor response, earlier
 I was on my train ride home..   What I was trying to say is I looked at GN's website and they clearly state that they sell kits.  At least, imo.

bobfiat

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 05:10:34 pm »
I purchased a hot tub from Great Northern about 4 years ago.  Loved it! Roll top is a must, light, convenient to open and just hop right in.  We set it up just outside the back door of our house in Maple Grove, Minnesota.  Great Northern folks were, well, "great".  They fitted the seats just right for me(6') and my wife(5'2"), then delivered and setup the tub. We used it all year-no problems at all. We called it our "Minnesota swimming pool".
We recently sold our house and downsized into an apartment, so I moved the hot tub it to my nephew's house in Illinois.  He and his wife love it.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 10:09:08 pm »
Nice ad
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 10:47:53 pm »
There's seems to be a lot of that going on around here. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 10:47:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42