What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hawkeye Genesis- looking for my first hot tub  (Read 12501 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hawkeye Genesis- looking for my first hot tub
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 01:01:29 pm »
I checked out the costco  link but that doesn't seem to be the same quality as the one I sat in, and it's a little on the big side. I checked out Hawkeye and they've been in business over 20 years. I would think someone on here at least knew about them and could give me an idea of quality and reputation. Otherwise I just have the word of the dealer... thanks.

They're more of a smaller regional player and you just don't hear too much on this forum. You can always do a search on them here and on the other spa forums.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 01:01:29 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 01:13:08 pm »
I checked out the costco  link but that doesn't seem to be the same quality as the one I sat in, and it's a little on the big side.

This is a very good assumption. The Costco offerings are price point offerings only. What ever it takes to get to the price point the manufacturer does.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 01:26:08 pm »
i personall know 2 people who have the aquaterra tubs...both are happy with them..they are made by th watkins..tman could be right in that they are built cheaper to bring down cost..i personally dont know..but for 3 grand i dont think you can beat it..i thought u originally were in that price range..

brillskill

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 01:29:18 pm »
also as far as looks on the outside and the feel of the tub..its exactly and i mean exactly like free flow..they look identical..so im not sure what you mean by .."quality" unless you opened them both AND COMPARED COMPONENTS

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 06:26:45 pm »
I checked out the costco  link but that doesn't seem to be the same quality as the one I sat in, and it's a little on the big side.

This is a very good assumption. The Costco offerings are price point offerings only. What ever it takes to get to the price point the manufacturer does.

Normally I would say you are 100% correct but on the freeflow's they are exact with diefferent names.  I had Watkins by more store a few months ago trying to sell me these and I asked about that and he said they were the same but you should be able to get relatively the same price in a hot tub store on those as you can get at the online places

brillskill

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 06:32:08 pm »
A store is gonna sell that tub I posted for $2999???..no way!.at least not here in ny

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 08:15:47 pm »
In Long Island everything costs more lol.

brillskill

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 11:34:21 pm »
Yea ..bad point I made:)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 06:51:51 am »
Normally I would say you are 100% correct but on the freeflow's they are exact with diefferent names.  I had Watkins by more store a few months ago trying to sell me these and I asked about that and he said they were the same but you should be able to get relatively the same price in a hot tub store on those as you can get at the online places

So the manufacturer told you there was no difference? Do you honestly think they would tell you if they cut a few corners?

They wouldn't be the same price from a dealer because a dealer would offer probably more warranty, delivery show room to touch them and the warm and fuzzys that come from a dealer versus online or box store. That's important to a lot of people.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 08:51:36 am »
Yeah I do believe them.  They were trying to sign me up as a dealer they would arm me with any info that tells me why the tub they are selling me is better then the mass merchant one.  Warranty is the same.  Obviously a dealer will charge extra for start up chemicals and placement of tub where it's going but if someone just wants one dropped in there driveway then dealers can come close on price if not match it

hkc

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 06:35:37 pm »
We did a lot of looking today and at this point it's down to the Hotsping Prodigy, Relay or Glow, the Marquis Mirage or the Hawkeye Genesis. We have a wet test scheduled for Wednesday at the Hotspring dealer. The Marquis dealer didn't have the Mirage in stock and I'm hesitant to buy sight-unseen. Going back to sit in the Hawkeye dry again tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with these models? Preferences? I really like the ACE system in the Hotsprings but it's a steep upgrade on an already pricey tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 06:35:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42