What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hawkeye Genesis- looking for my first hot tub  (Read 12498 times)

hkc

Hawkeye Genesis- looking for my first hot tub
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:47:42 pm »
My husband and I are first-time hot tub shoppers, hopefully buyers soon. We thought we wanted a round tub, but after sitting in a jacuzzi j-210 model we found it to be a little too crowded for the two of us. We sat in a brand new Iris model by Garden Spas and found the shape awkward. The dealer had a floor model Genesis by Hawkeye that we thought was huge until we sat in it- and really liked having the room. My only reservation is it's a bit larger than what we wanted, as we're putting it on a deck, and that we don't know if this is a good company/model. It's no longer on the Hawkeye website, so I was wondering if it was discontinued. The dealer quoted us $4900 for it, which we thought was a good deal. Can anyone lend some insight? Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Hawkeye Genesis- looking for my first hot tub
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:47:42 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hawkeye Genesis- looking for my first hot tub
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 10:12:24 pm »
 I don't know much about the hawkeye brand sounds like a cal-spa?     Check out Nordic spas maybe free flow and see if you have a dealer in your area, not a bad brand.   

hkc

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:28:00 pm »
The dealer also carried Nordic but said Hawkeye was a better brand. I found some Nordics on Wayfair.com but after speaking with the guy today I'm not sure which way to go. Are the rotomolded spas not going to hold up? Does it make sense to get a cheaper entry-level model to see if we enjoy having it and upgrade later? I guess I just don't want to buy junk, but I don't want to buy something crappy and then not use it. Are the inexpensive ones reliable? I found this http://www.wayfair.com/Home-and-Garden-Spas-4-Person-Plug-and-Play-Spa-with-14-Jets-LPI14XR-HGS1009.html
which looks better than the nordic basic cottage version. Does the brand make that much of a difference?
Sorry... after three straight days of research and visiting hot tub stores I seem to be more confused than when I started.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 07:23:34 am »
Welcome to the forum. I've seen that spa once, but never known anyone who owned it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

brillskill

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:07:31 am »
That round tub is made by leisure..http://www.recdirectfactoryoutlets.com/spas_life.php..after much research not too long ago I was told to stay away from them..if you want a basic tub I would check out Costco,they sell Watkins free flow line under a different name,get great reviews and have Costco backing

hkc

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 10:47:16 am »
Thanks, I wasn't really looking for something so basic. I really liked the Hawkeye and I'm restricted by only having about 82" square in area. I'm also looking at Hot Springs Prodigy and Jetsetter. I'm just trying to find the best product that has a more open seating plan that won't take up my entire deck or entire savings account! There seems to be a big jump in price from $4500 to about $6k. Is the extra money worth it in a smaller spa? Should I try a more basic model to start or get something better? Just trying to figure out the best plan. I'm goign to sit in the Hot Springs models this weekend. I also like the Marquis models but the dealer is about 45 minutes away.

brillskill

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 11:43:36 am »
hawkeye is a genesis made by calspa,i have the geo spa also made by calspa i love it!..however most on this forum hate calspa..the genesis is a rotomold just like costcos aquatera ..both are basic tubs if you are a first time time buyer you can get a 10% off from wayfair plus 10% in store credit from wayfair..my tub was 3750 at the time ended up costing me 3200 plus i got 320 in credit..here is the tub i bought 3 months ago...http://www.wayfair.com/Geo-Spas-6-Person-Square-Plug-and-Play-Spa-With-30-Jets-GE730B-W-CALS1003.html....i would highly recomend it in this price range..beutiful acrylic (not that plastic feel) nice lighting great jets and relatively powerful pump..i have it hooked to 110 just plugged it in..but can be 220 wired also..certainly looks and performs better than the price would indicate..keep in mind these tubs are literarly dropped in your drive way,the geo was 800 pounds..had to hire a spa moving company to put in its final place..

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 12:12:50 pm »
Thanks, I wasn't really looking for something so basic. I really liked the Hawkeye and I'm restricted by only having about 82" square in area. I'm also looking at Hot Springs Prodigy and Jetsetter. I'm just trying to find the best product that has a more open seating plan that won't take up my entire deck or entire savings account! There seems to be a big jump in price from $4500 to about $6k. Is the extra money worth it in a smaller spa? Should I try a more basic model to start or get something better? Just trying to figure out the best plan. I'm goign to sit in the Hot Springs models this weekend. I also like the Marquis models but the dealer is about 45 minutes away.

The Prodiigy may be more but you're getting far more as well IMO. The Prodigy will be far more energy efficient with better filtration, jetting, a better warranty and its a quality made spa with a proven track record for many years. By all mean wet test.

hkc

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 07:13:48 pm »
Now I'm really confused. I thought the Hawkeye spa was NOT a rotomold. http://www.hawkeyespas.com/hot-tubs/hot-tub-showroom.php
Am I not understanding what that term means? Is anyone here familiar with this brand? They don't seem to come up very often.

brillskill

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 07:39:21 am »
Sorry..I thought I read genesis...I do not know anything about hawkeye tubs..

brillskill

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 07:40:43 am »
Oh and rotomold just means its a one piece molded plastic tub..no acrylic

brillskill

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 10:54:35 am »

hkc

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 12:41:41 pm »
I checked out the costco  link but that doesn't seem to be the same quality as the one I sat in, and it's a little on the big side. I checked out Hawkeye and they've been in business over 20 years. I would think someone on here at least knew about them and could give me an idea of quality and reputation. Otherwise I just have the word of the dealer... thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 12:41:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42