What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bubbles Bubbles Everywhere!!  (Read 4470 times)

LisaN75

Bubbles Bubbles Everywhere!!
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:53:07 am »
Had some children over for the weekend and someone didn't rinse the shampoo out of their hair very well.  Do I have to drain clean and refill, or is there an easier way to resolve this?

Hot Tub Forum

Bubbles Bubbles Everywhere!!
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:53:07 am »

LisaN75

Re: Bubbles Bubbles Everywhere!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 03:30:13 pm »
Anyone???

Sam

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 07:01:32 pm »
There are products that temporarily make the foam go away, but it will come back.  Seaklear makes a good one, self floccing defoamer.  If your water is soft it will exacerbate the problem.

kurt6137

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:47:34 pm »
If you have a ozonator, it should break down the soap in time, but it takes awhile, I have always found using the de-foamers, it keeps coming back, you may have to end up draining the tub, good luck with it.

LisaN75

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:00:23 pm »
Thanks for your replies.   There is an ozonator in my tub.  I just had my spa delivered about a month ago and am just learning the ins and outs of everything.   ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 09:39:34 pm »
If your tub is around a month old, you should drain and refill it anyway, in keeping with Chas' Law.

It makes everything better if you do this one-time water change at or around the end of the first month of ownership.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

LisaN75

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:43:53 am »
That's good to know, more than likely I will probably take this route.  Could you explain the benefits to me please?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 08:53:21 am »
I always found the  foam down products made the water cloudy, and the anti cloudy products made the water foamy.  My wife swears the two companies are in cahoots.  If you do use an anti foam product, the best way is to put it in squirt bottle and spray it sparingly on the foam.

The best solution is to do a water change  out and wash/rinse the filter very very well. The soap more than likely came from the swim suits.
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 11:29:15 am »
Could you explain the benefits to me please?

Well, first off, it makes life with your tub MUCH easier. You have most likely retained some small amount of the 'test' water from the manufacturer, so a water change will help with that. Then, you quite likely have over used some, if not all, of the basic chems.

Your skin has been deep-cleaned, much more so than any shower can do, and that oil and dirt had to go somewhere...

Most newbies don't learn soon enough about hand lotions, body lotions, hair products, fragrances and other things they need to leave OUT of the tub. After the first water change, they generally do much better on this count.

Also - use almost always drops after the first month. Let's face it, even if you love your spa for the next ten years, it is simply not as likely to get as much use in any given period as it did the first month.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

bimmerdog

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 12:35:12 pm »
With my first hot tub my daughters and their friends made it look like a huge bubble bath.  I learned the hard way that the tub had to have rules beside what went on inside the tub.  With our new tub we let ANYONE who will be using the tub that ALL SWIMSUITS must be washed with no soap.  I don't go as far as telling people to take showers before using the tub but I do ask them to not put on any oils or lotion before entering the tub. 

As stated above the new tub 1 month empty rule is a good one.  We use our tub everyday at least twice a day. This has been going on for 4 months now.  You will learn when to change your water by how the chemicals are or not working.  Better to change the water to often then to let it go to long.  I like to keep records of how much the tub is used. What chemicals I used for the amount of time the tub was used.  This lets me know if my water is breaking down to much and it is time to empty. 

LisaN75

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 01:26:43 pm »
Thank you for your elaboration Chas.  Looks  like I'll be draining the spa soon. Bimmerdog, the kids had a blast with the extra bubbles while I was cringing inside. Lol. We will be a little more careful the next tome they are over. ;)

goneaway

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 05:21:13 am »
Thanks for this guys. I'm a new tub owner, we recently acquired one of those inflatables.
I guess for a seasoned pro, they are laughable, but we are loving it.

The foam is starting to wind me up, I've tried skimming it, but it comes back as quick as i can skim.
I've been maintaining my chlorine and PH levels 60 minutes before entering.
And even though the water looks clear, that pesky foam is annoying.
Only 2 days ago, i dropped half of the water, but it's back again last night.

The tub is not going to be used now for 3 or 4 days, so I've double dosed it with chlorine. Hopefully, this is shocking ??

The reason I say "Hopefully" trying to find conclusive information is a nightmare.
So many web sites offering conflicting information. Just adding my initial chlorine amount was trail and error.

I have so many questions, so no doubt you'll see my name crop up from time to time.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 05:55:25 pm »
of all the products i've seen the only one that actually claims to deal with this is Spa Perfect.  to quote from their label, "Spa Perfect is now formulated to eliminate and prevent excessive foaming".  it is an enzyme product.

in this case draining still sounds best.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 05:55:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42