What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spectrum by Vortex Spa  (Read 12353 times)

StuNew69

Spectrum by Vortex Spa
« on: May 20, 2013, 02:07:29 pm »
I am new to all of this and the information that one receives over these forums can be overwhelming. I never realized that there was so much information that had to be considered when purchasing a new tub. To be honest it is mind boggeling. Anyway, I have been taking notes from the many forums and replys which is helping me tremendously. My situation though is very different. I do not live in the States and as such do not have the luxury of going to sealers, seeing whats available and let alone wet testing. Furthermore I have to coonsider the cost of shipping the tub from wherever to Panama and so I am on a strict budget.

I have therefore been looking at trying to find last year models that need to be sold to make room for the new models or even tubs that have minor imperfections that are superficial but as a result can not be sold by the manufacturererrs or dealers. In my search I came accross the SPECTRUM made by VORTEX SPAS out of Canada. I tried to find reviews on the internet but could not find any, at least not like the reviews that you find for all the other major brands & moddels that have been quoted in these forums.It seems that this company is big in NZ and Australia and now recently in Canada.

I have managed to find a 2012 new/un-used model that according to the dealer in Canada, had a small imperfection with the acrylic. As per the sales rep I have been corresponding too. he said: "we do have 2012 spectrum with minor imperfection in the acrylic.... I cant find any picture of the acrylic problem but the acrylic had an air bubble near the topside diverter, we removed the air bubble and fixed it"

The price is within my budget but I now have to add on a grand or two in shipping from Canada to panama plus the taxes in Panama. So before I star making any decisions, I was hoping that some of you with the vast experience you have under your belts could posssibly check out the specs of this tub and let me have your comments, suggestions and recommendations. You can see details of the tub at the following link: MODERATOR REMOVED.
If anyone of the dealers online in this forum have something similar I would be interested in the details

Again I am new to all of this and look forward to being educated on the best way to go about getting a new tub
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:26:09 am by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Spectrum by Vortex Spa
« on: May 20, 2013, 02:07:29 pm »

Ryan VSO

Re: Spectrum by Vortex Spa
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 12:59:12 am »
Hey ,  Do you have any pictures you can show us of the spectrum in Panama :) ?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 05:46:12 am »
I am new to all of this and the information that one receives over these forums can be overwhelming. I never realized that there was so much information that had to be considered when purchasing a new tub. To be honest it is mind boggeling. Anyway, I have been taking notes from the many forums and replys which is helping me tremendously. My situation though is very different. I do not live in the States and as such do not have the luxury of going to sealers, seeing whats available and let alone wet testing. Furthermore I have to coonsider the cost of shipping the tub from wherever to Panama and so I am on a strict budget.

I have therefore been looking at trying to find last year models that need to be sold to make room for the new models or even tubs that have minor imperfections that are superficial but as a result can not be sold by the manufacturererrs or dealers. In my search I came accross the SPECTRUM made by VORTEX SPAS out of Canada. I tried to find reviews on the internet but could not find any, at least not like the reviews that you find for all the other major brands & moddels that have been quoted in these forums.It seems that this company is big in NZ and Australia and now recently in Canada.

I have managed to find a 2012 new/un-used model that according to the dealer in Canada, had a small imperfection with the acrylic. As per the sales rep I have been corresponding too. he said: "we do have 2012 spectrum with minor imperfection in the acrylic.... I cant find any picture of the acrylic problem but the acrylic had an air bubble near the topside diverter, we removed the air bubble and fixed it"

The price is within my budget but I now have to add on a grand or two in shipping from Canada to panama plus the taxes in Panama. So before I star making any decisions, I was hoping that some of you with the vast experience you have under your belts could posssibly check out the specs of this tub and let me have your comments, suggestions and recommendations.

If anyone of the dealers online in this forum have something similar I would be interested in the details

Again I am new to all of this and look forward to being educated on the best way to go about getting a new tub

Are there any other choices? I would keep searching.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:43:00 am by Forum Admin »
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:34:41 am »

Vortex, you may want to read the post.   He has not purchased the hot tub, yet.

meriflower

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 09:52:38 am »
It appears that StuNew69 post is back from May 2013.  I don't see any other posts from him/her saying which spa they did or didn't buy.  Unless Vortex, being a dealer, knows that Stu did purchase the spa.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 01:51:18 pm »

Vortex, you may want to read the post.   He has not purchased the hot tub, yet.

I was there when we crated his tub

Ryan VSO

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 01:54:32 pm »
Sorry about the size of the picture : I tried to put some html width="" height="'' but it doesnt work .

This picture was just before leaving for Panama.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 06:35:29 pm »
MODERATOR NOTE:

This forum looks a little different in Internet Explorer 11.  In deleting some objectionable messages by multiple parties, I may have accidentally deleted some legitimate messages.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Ryan VSO

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »
thanks admin

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 09:01:44 am »
Looks like a nice crating job, Vortex.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 11:19:36 am »
Thats what we thought , i should of put a plywood on the floor also, they used short forklift somehow and broke the bottom

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 01:51:17 pm »
Freekin idiots!
Isn't that what happened to Montana's tub?

Ryan VSO

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »
yes , montana had no crate , it was flat on a pallet and they used a short forklift and guess what no one want to get the blame for it so we are ending up paying for that .. We now use a thick plywood sheet for the bottom .

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 07:28:42 am »
Are there any stories about vortex spas where they DON'T have some kind of trouble? Either panels are busted, bottom is torn up by handling, pumps aren't working, or SOMETHING. I know that even the spas that aren't made in China will have a little problem every once in a while, but I don't believe I have read a post where the customer got their spa when they expected it and in good condition. It's looks like by now, vortex would pack these things like they are exotic hen eggs after so much negative delivery experiences that have been posted here. Someone, post something good about them from placing an order to getting in the first time. I want to see one of those feel good stories.... kind of like when I bought my HS.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:46:53 am by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Ryan VSO

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 10:57:52 am »
Maybe you should have a look at the shopping experience of Mudheadsports who went to a HS dealer who knew nothing about the product they are selling... point is that every companies will have issues and its how they manage those issues that counts . We had shipping issues , we faced it , fixed it and compensate custumers . Since we crate them correctly we do not have any issues and if you read the review about the pump issue , the custumer was plenty satisfied and saved alot of money and it was an air lock that was blocking the pump and we did send a tech over . Dont worry about us , we are doing fine so you can soak and relax in your overpriced Hs envoy while custumers can buy 2 vortex for the same price .
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:01:53 pm by Vortex Spas »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 10:57:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42