What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lounge Seat or Regular Seats (Sundance Optima or Cameo)  (Read 3182 times)

Loadmaster843

Lounge Seat or Regular Seats (Sundance Optima or Cameo)
« on: May 11, 2013, 09:08:37 pm »
We are about to buy our spa and have narrowed it down to the Sundance Optima or Sundance Cameo. We are torn between getting the Cameo that has a Lounge Seat - but doesn't seem to give good seating options for 4 people. Or the Optima that replaces the Lounge Seat for a more traditional configuration. Any good advice would be helpful.

Hot Tub Forum

Lounge Seat or Regular Seats (Sundance Optima or Cameo)
« on: May 11, 2013, 09:08:37 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Lounge Seat or Regular Seats (Sundance Optima or Cameo)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 09:30:26 pm »
Wet test them both and buy the one you are more comfortable in. If trying them isn't possible go with the non lounger

bimmerdog

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 11:25:54 pm »
I was looking at a lounge in my new hot tub purchase.  We wet tested the Cameo and the Optima.  After testing the Optima it was the perfect tub for the wife and I.  I really thought I had to have a lounge but I was wrong.  The Optima raised foot well was the final selling point that got us to buy that tub.  The Cameo was a get tub but the Optima gave the wife and I more options in seating and the wife loved the raised foot well. It's a perfect place for my wife to rest her feet to keep her in the seat when the jets are on high. We also found it was much easier to move around to all the seats in the Optima.  The jets in the foot well are perfect and strong. 

It all comes down to how the wet test goes for you.  You will not go wrong with either tub. 

kurt6137

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:57:06 am »
I have owned the cameo and the lounge was excellent in it. Never liked the footwell domes in tubs, when you try and move around there in the way. Its funny, some people hate the lounges and some love them. What ever choice you make, you cannot go wrong with the upper end of Sundance. When I got rid of my Cameo, I went with a Hot Springs with a lounge, I guess with lounges, its a hit or miss, depending on how tall you are. Enjoy your new tub, what ever you choose to buy.  8)

TdiDave

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 07:32:27 am »
I love the raised footwell and the lounger. But as said wet test is a must.  Looking at and dry testing with the footwell it was something I said no way too. But once in a tub with water we changed our mind. The lounge was a similar experience, after the first wet test we said no but continued to test tubs and found out they fit people different. Now the lounge is still the go to seat for us.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 07:32:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42