What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A few questions re: hot tub/floating pool/moving  (Read 2787 times)

kayanne

A few questions re: hot tub/floating pool/moving
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:48:03 pm »
I owned a Hot Spring Vanguard when I lived up north in the past (but my ex got custody of it)  :P so I haven't had a hot tub for several years now.  I now live in southern Louisiana where very few people own hot tubs.  The only dealer in town is Hot Springs, although I could drive a few hours to Houston and probably find some other choices.

This may sound silly, but although I enjoy the therapeutic aspect of the hot jetted water on a cold evening, what I love the most is lying on a floatie in the water (heater turned off) in the summer.  Now that I live in a hot climate, I'll use the tub in that way even more. (Neighborhood doesn't allow above-ground pools or I'd probably just do that.  I'm not a swimmer so I certainly don't want to put in an in-ground pool).

I really didn't want to spend a ton of money, because I move a lot, which brings me to my questions:

1. Is it reasonable (cost-wise and in terms of the tub holding up) to have a moving company move it when that time comes?
2. I've watched craigslist for several months, and rarely is a used hot tub listed in my town.  Any trustworthy sources for used hot tubs?
3.  Craigslist does however, always have new hot tubs, that always seem to be priced at $2800.  Every  city's CL has these same ads.  Know anything about those?
4.  Houston CL always has listings from the same person for used hot tubs.  Anyone familiar with him?
5.  Costco, Sam's club, etc --- hot tubs in the $2500-$4000 range.  Thoughts?

I believe from past experience that Hot Spring makes a quality product, but I know I'd be spending about $10-12K for the size I'd need.  Seems like a lot to spend for something I'll use basically as a floating pool, with a few hot tub sessions when it gets "down into the 40's" in what they call "winter" down here.  I'll spend the big bucks if I have to, but would love to keep it under $5K if possible.  Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

A few questions re: hot tub/floating pool/moving
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:48:03 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: A few questions re: hot tub/floating pool/moving
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:12:45 pm »
1- it's feasible bt it might get expensive depending how far your moving
3-  these are not even worth the 2800, real pieces of junk
5- you Just need to watch what brand you buy.  Some are decent some are real junk

With a smaller budget and seeing as though the hs deserve Is in town take a look at the hot spot models they have a 89 x 89 tub that maybe closer to your budget. Also see if he carries freeflow it is the entry level tub that Watkins makes. Not as nice as the hot springs but seeing how your not big into the jets it at just work for you.  I believe. Costco sells them under the aquaterra label.  Happy hunting!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: A few questions re: hot tub/floating pool/moving
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:12:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42