What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Strange ozonator issue  (Read 5054 times)

chovaz

Strange ozonator issue
« on: April 29, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »
I have a Caldera Cantabria spa. I just refilled it and am having an issue with my ozonator. It is a Monach CD ozone system.

There are no bubbles coming from the circ pump jet.

I pulled the tube off the ozonator and bubbles start appearing in the spa. If I plug the tube with my thumb, bubbles stop. The strange thing is that I can hear the ozone system humming and I can hear and feel ozone being pushed out. However, as soon as I put the tube back on the bubbles stop.

Only thing I can think of is that the flow from the ozonator has been severely reduced. Any idea what could cause that?

Hot Tub Forum

Strange ozonator issue
« on: April 29, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Strange ozonator issue
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:29:49 pm »
 Bad check valves.. Or clog in Mazzi injector (the thing the ozonator is hooked to)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 02:40:06 pm »
Bad check valves.. Or clog in Mazzi injector (the thing the ozonator is hooked to)

If he really removed the hose at the Mazzi injector then yes its blockage at the injector or more likely a bad check valve between the injecotr and the ozonator. The problem is he said he removed the hose at the ozonator and then it started to work, that is puzzling if true. Maybe he just misworded it.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 03:19:26 pm »
  Guess will see if he comes back or if it's one of those one night stands we so often get here??    I know the ozonators Jacuzzi used had a little filter thing that went on one of the intake ports could be clogged I suppose..

chovaz

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:31:13 pm »
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, it was worded correctly. I definitely removed the tube at the ozonator and it started bubbling again. As soon as it's plugged back in to the ozonator the bubbles stop. But as mentioned I can definitely hear hissing and can feel some air coming out (very weak) from the ozonator itself.

To add, the ozonator is a Monarch CD ozone system. There is a 2nd port on the ozonator that has a grey stone colored filter type thing (I'm guessing to filter the incoming air.) If you pull on it it's on some type of rubber to the inside so I'm not sure if it comes off. I don't want to pull it too hard and break it.

Are these things safe to take apart? There are 4 screws on the back of it just wondering if I take a look inside if there could be anything to see that would help.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:34:49 pm by chovaz »

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 11:12:06 am »
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, it was worded correctly. I definitely removed the tube at the ozonator and it started bubbling again. As soon as it's plugged back in to the ozonator the bubbles stop. But as mentioned I can definitely hear hissing and can feel some air coming out (very weak) from the ozonator itself.

To add, the ozonator is a Monarch CD ozone system. There is a 2nd port on the ozonator that has a grey stone colored filter type thing (I'm guessing to filter the incoming air.) If you pull on it it's on some type of rubber to the inside so I'm not sure if it comes off. I don't want to pull it too hard and break it.

Are these things safe to take apart? There are 4 screws on the back of it just wondering if I take a look inside if there could be anything to see that would help.

This issue does seem a bit surprising as the issue is typically before the ozonator but it does sound like you should try removing that stone even though I wouldn't have suspected it to be an issue. You can run without it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 07:14:22 pm »
How old is the ozonator?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 08:53:15 pm »
Hi guys,

This issue does seem a bit surprising as the issue is typically before the ozonator but it does sound like you should try removing that stone even though I wouldn't have suspected it to be an issue. You can run without it.

Agreed!!   Really not much else it could be... 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 08:53:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42