What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Timer Comparing Used Hot Spring versus new Free Flow  (Read 24635 times)

jazzykeen

Re: First Timer Comparing Used Hot Spring versus new Free Flow
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 04:38:18 pm »
That is great information, thank you! So, do Freeflows have different levels for jets (ie, low, medium high)? And does the heater only turn off when on high? For example, if I have them on low or medium, the heater will remain on?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 04:38:18 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 04:41:37 pm »
 Freeflow uses a 2spd pump so low speed/high speed and yes you will lose the heater when it's on high.    Also 50 ft from the house unless I missed something is a long ways to walk when it's cold outside.     From experience you will be more apt to use it long tem if it's closer..

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 05:18:04 pm »
That is great information, thank you! So, do Freeflows have different levels for jets (ie, low, medium high)? And does the heater only turn off when on high? For example, if I have them on low or medium, the heater will remain on?

There is always just high speed and low speed on jet pumps, no medium. The heater will turn off if you manually turn the jets to high speed. Once you turn them back to low the heaters kicks back on. If you turn the jets off it will wait a few minutes and if it needs to raise the temp back up it will kick the pump onto low speed and start heating, its all automatic.

Per J-Jim's comment about the hot tub being 50 feet away from the house, I totally agree. Without knowing your backyard set up, keep the hot tub as close to the entrance/exit of the house as possible if you have a choice.

jazzykeen

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 06:01:21 pm »
Awesome, thank you so much for the info. We are going to check out the FreeFlow dealer tomorrow.

As for the placement of the tub, unfortunately, since we live in the city, we a have long, but somewhat narrow yard. Because of the placement of the AC compressor, there is no room for the hot tub to be close to the house. We need to put it on the parking pad (which is cement) and is about 50 feet away from the house. Fortunately for us, it never gets super cold here, and if it does it's only for a week or two.

brillskill

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 11:38:56 pm »
just going by what my situation is with my calspa..my tub is covered for 2 years by my closest cal dealer..when i called wayfair about the nordic warranty they stated it would be my local dealer..anyway do what you feel comfortable with ..you know what they say  about opinions...

That's not what Nordic told their dealers because I specifically asked that.  If one shows up in my area and they need warrentee work done they can either call wayfair or pay me my regular rates up front and get reimbursed by Nordic.  Maybe that's why wayfair has so many complaints with the BBB because they give consumers mis-information.  Out of curiosity if your cal spa has warranty problems do you have a nearby dealer?  And if so did you ask them if they will cover you?

brillskill

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 11:43:30 pm »
Yes I spoke with the closest cal dealer after wayfair gave me his number...he asked me for serial number on spa and called me back and stated he is my authorized service provider and to contact him directly for any service issues

dakota7557

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 01:23:46 am »
Purchased a New Freeflow Accent 3/4 person in October.  Paid $4000 for it...so far it's handled the cold South Dakota weather just fine and it runs great!  I've used it down to 0 degrees with no problems.  I went the 220 route though and that makes a difference.  What I really like about the tub is it's easy maintenance.  I can drain the 370 gallons and fill it back up in less than an hour.  Not much for bells and whistles so this was the perfect tub for me!  Good Luck, Jody

jazzykeen

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 08:22:29 am »
Sounds good Jody! If the FreeFlow suits you in South Dakota, we should do fine with it in DC. I think we will try the 110v route first and see how well it does. If we find we need to upgrade, at least that option would be available down the road.

How do you find the jet strength when it is set to low?

brillskill

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 09:13:37 am »
Jazzy..look at Costco aquaterra  ..same exact tub as free flow made by same manufacturer..comes complete with steps and stainless jets ..and of course backed by Costco

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 12:39:22 pm »
The freeflow is probably the best bet for you.  It's made by a good stand up company.  I really don't think you will save any money by purchasing through costco and I would recommend going through a local dealer that way you will have some where to go if problems do arise

brillskill

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2013, 01:49:41 pm »
Yes he will save about 25% but true he won't have dealer backing..I would assume Costco would take care of him if any issues arise as they are unbeatable with customer satisfaction

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2013, 05:31:04 pm »
Maybe in Long Island but not the rst of the country lol.

Sam

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2013, 06:04:47 pm »
When a company sells a tub through costco, it is not necessarily constructed the same as what they sell through dealers.  I have worked with a brand that sold through costco and had both versions in my store.  While they looked the same at a glance, they were actually quite different.  In order for a manufacturer to meet costco price demands, corners must be cut.  Cheaper electronics, pumps, shell backing, etc....  On the surface the tubs can still look identical.  Therein lies the problem.  It's kind of like putting hyundai components in a mercedes body.  It would look the same from the outside, but is it really the same?

Also, Costco does not have a service department.  If you call costco and ask questions about water quality, or if you get an airlock (which happens frequently), or really anything, there won't be anyone there that knows anything about hot tubs.

dakota7557

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2013, 10:54:47 pm »
Sounds good Jody! If the FreeFlow suits you in South Dakota, we should do fine with it in DC. I think we will try the 110v route first and see how well it does. If we find we need to upgrade, at least that option would be available down the road.

How do you find the jet strength when it is set to low?
When we first get in we start it off on low and after a few minutes we go to high...For us, we usually use the high setting...Good Luck

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2013, 10:54:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42