What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tiger River "Bengal" shutting down after 30 seconds , HELP please .  (Read 6741 times)

stocky

I did my first water change yesterday . Hosed out the filter , not dirty at all , cleaned 2 or 3 leaves from the filter area .
I refilled the tub and turned the power back on . The tub , jets etc ... ran for about 30 seconds and then the tub promptly powered off .

Upon start up the screen shows the temp etc .... as it's is all working properly and then the shut down.

The heater was replaced by me when I got the tub ( for free ) . I installed this model .
http://www.backyardplus.com/proddetail.php?prod=73790&sny=Y&rp=%2Fspa-serial-number-search.php%3Fsn%3DM-2-D-1994%26cat%3D9%26page%3D339

I have had no issues at all until the water drain and refill yesterday .

Any thoughts by those way more knowledgeable about this stuff than myself would be greatly appreciated .

Please tell me this is something silly and it's an easy fix ... I'm thinking air pocket/bubble in the line ?  Everything is running .

thanks in advance
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Tiger River "Bengal" shutting down after 30 seconds , HELP please .
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 05:59:48 pm »
Did you just change out the heater?

stocky

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 07:09:45 pm »
Did you just change out the heater?

No , the heater was replaced in late October and everything has worked fine since it was first hooked up .

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 08:04:19 pm »
Is it tripping the breaker or just powering down?

stocky

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 08:07:21 pm »
Is it tripping the breaker or just powering down?

Powering down .

stocky

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »
Problem solved . The troubling part is that three local hot tub dealers had no clue .
I called Hot Springs at the suggestion of the last dealer I went to . He gave me the repair line for the trade only , made me promise I wouldn't say where I got the number . The lady on the phone said they want the consumer to make an appointment for a service call. She then said tell me the problem and maybe I can help .

I told her the story etc.... Her first question was , " is the water in the tub to cold "   BINGO !   That was it , that's why it kept tripping the high limit sensor . Water drained , mixed from hot and cold outside faucet  and I'm back in business .

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 07:47:21 am »
Too cold?  What was the temp when it started to heat?  The last thing I would want a tub to do is shut down when its cold.  I've refilled in mid winter when we had a thaw and had a starting temp of 42.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 07:47:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42