What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok, got my new Hot Springs Sovereign today, already problems.  (Read 4949 times)

kurt6137

I got my new Hot springs sovereign today, had electricians hook it up, filled with water, is cold here in NY, and the water temp on display panels says 50 degrees, I will be monitoring it the next hour to make sure it rises. I decided to turn on the jets just to circulate some of the stain and scale remover, i was told to add on first fill. Both sub panel breakers tripped , after about 60 seconds of running jets, maybe less, i reset breakers and unit is on now, I am not going to turn jets on, until the water heats up to at least 100 degrees, what could cause this to trip is it the high limit switch ?  Is this normal ?

Hot Tub Forum

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ok, got my new Hot Springs Sovereign today, already problems.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:21:40 pm »
Brand new hot tub?  If so the electrician more then likely wired it wrong. The hot springs tests their tubs before shipping them out

fishn4life

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »
Scroll down to the breaker diagram in this link and make sure the neutral isn't placed wrong in your sub-panel .... Seems  to be a common mishap
http://www.spadepot.com/spacyclopedia/wiring-hot-tub-spa.htm

kurt6137

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:35:37 pm »
Ok, I forgot to do the startup procedure, that is turning on the 20a breaker first, running the jets for 1 min or so, then turning on the 30a breaker, the circ pump, ozonator and heater seem to be working, I think maybe because i did not perform this step, that may have caused the problem, with air in lines and heater,  both GFIC breakers work , when tested and all wiring is correct, I will test this tomorrow, when it has fully warmed up. I will turn jets on and see if it trips.  Thanks for the replies.

kurt6137

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:52:31 pm »
Ok, that seems to have done the trick. I have had no problems with the breakers in the subpanel tripping now and have been running them constantly. Love this tub, ahhhh my arthritis feels better already. Will take some photos and post in the next couple of weeks.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:16 am »
Welcome to Spatopia!

May you soak long and prosper.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

kurt6137

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 06:38:46 pm »
Thank you Chas, I have learned alot on this forum from your comments and knowledge. I hope you have a great year for sales, I think your a hot tub dealer, but not sure.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 01:28:10 am »
I am.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

kurt6137

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:00:42 am »
Yes Chas, I know, I realized after , I typed my last reply, I read your signature :Award Winning HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal. And nice guy.  Man , I get senile sometimes and I am only 51.  Yes, I got in the new Hot Springs tonight and simply love the double moto massage, that is definitely my favorite jet.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:00:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42