What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Hot Tub Electeic Question  (Read 3149 times)

hottub63

Hot Springs Hot Tub Electeic Question
« on: March 23, 2013, 02:57:19 pm »
I took the cover to the control panel off this afternoon to install a new ozone system and when I did I noticed the black wire On the left side of the box looked sort of burned and even had a burned smell to it. Any ideas what is going on? Everything With the hub seems to be working well so I'm not sure if this is causing damage or not. It just doesn't look right.

Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Hot Tub Electeic Question
« on: March 23, 2013, 02:57:19 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Springs Hot Tub Electeic Question
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 03:16:49 pm »
I took the cover to the control panel off this afternoon to install a new ozone system and when I did I noticed the black wire On the left side of the box looked sort of burned and even had a burned smell to it. Any ideas what is going on? Everything With the hub seems to be working well so I'm not sure if this is causing damage or not. It just doesn't look right.

Any thoughts?

It may have previously fried the heater board and they replaced the board and you're seeing a scorch mark (guessing here). If you know what delaer it came from maybe they can look up the service record for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottub63

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 03:19:42 pm »
Hmm. Nope. The heater board was never replaced and the heater actually works fine.

Upon closer inspection the plastic around this wire actually is burnt off and you can see the wire. There was even a little bit of a burnt smell when I took off the panel to the control box.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 02:21:05 am »
Need a picture.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hollywood

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 01:50:37 pm »
Picture would be nice.  Is the wire under a lug?  Could be arcing from a loose lug.

HuMan321

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 06:49:01 pm »
Loose connection would be the best guess with information provided. Clip back wire and restrip. Make sure connection point is clean too. Remember - Bright and tight are what you need for electrical connections.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 06:49:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42