What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: now rip or tell me if its a decent value (all things considered) geo spa  (Read 11627 times)

brillskill

Tub coming tomorrow

Hot Tub Forum

brillskill

Buy a used tub..another happy customer..."Very disappointed.  I purchased a used California D1, 2003 last summer but couldn't hook it up until now.  I very carefully emptied it last fall and covered it.  Unfortunately, the cover leaked and I found some frozen water in it, enough to cover the bottom jets.  I waited for it to thaw and filled it up.  Upon filling, I got a bunch of wood shavings coming out of one of the jets.  My electrician had to drill an access hole in the bottom of the base near one of the pumps.  I had the pumps disconnected for freeze protection.  Probably got in there."....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Buy a used tub..another happy customer..."Very disappointed.  I purchased a used California D1, 2003 last summer but couldn't hook it up until now.  I very carefully emptied it last fall and covered it.  Unfortunately, the cover leaked and I found some frozen water in it, enough to cover the bottom jets.  I waited for it to thaw and filled it up.  Upon filling, I got a bunch of wood shavings coming out of one of the jets.  My electrician had to drill an access hole in the bottom of the base near one of the pumps.  I had the pumps disconnected for freeze protection.  Probably got in there."....

Again, the key is to view the used spa operating and then bring it home, hook it up and run it. There is NO surprise there is an issue here for someone who bought it, let it sit, water gets in, freezes and then an attempt is made to run it the next year. The SAME thing would have happened if they bought a new spa and did that, the fact it was used was not relevant to the issue that occured.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

brillskill

Well I got my calspa..love it well built and certainly looks and feels like its a more expensive hot tub.. The 2 issues if I have to give the negatives are ..it's hooked to 110 so it took a long time to heat up and yes the jets could be more powerful but if I divert to only half they are great.. All in all I would say you can not find a better plug and play in this price range and I would be comfortable recommending this tub to anyone..if I knew how to upload pics I would

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
What are you comparing it to based on your experience?
Retired

brillskill

I see u like to start with everyone..comparing it too Watkins rotomold plug and play which retail for about the same..but u r right I am not a spa retailer  so my opinion means nothing..

bimmerdog

I see u like to start with everyone..comparing it too Watkins rotomold plug and play which retail for about the same..but u r right I am not a spa retailer  so my opinion means nothing..
Glad to see your tub found it's way home.  Just enjoy your new member. 

brillskill

Thx dog!

Sam

Edited to avoid confrontation and negativity
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:13:00 pm by Sam »

brillskill

Argue ??..I simply stated my opinion on my particular purchase..professional hot tub salesman ..dare to dream..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Argue ??..I simply stated my opinion on my particular purchase..professional hot tub salesman ..dare to dream..

I've seen you discuss your search on these pages and I hope all goes well with your purchase. Maybe people are confusing you with Bimmer, I think you just happened upon a crime scene lol.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:36:19 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

brillskill

Ty!

bimmerdog

I've seen you discuss your search on these pages and I hope all goes well with your purchase. Maybe people are confusing you with Bimmer, I think you just happened upon a crime scene lol.
You are correct....there can only be one Bimmerdog.  He is a fantastic Yellow Lab

brillskill

Lol

brillskill

Btw how do u upload pics?

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42