What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Geo spa  (Read 62811 times)

brillskill

Re: Geo spa
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2013, 11:35:49 pm »
:)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2013, 11:35:49 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2013, 11:51:04 pm »
Who can't let it go????

geezzzzzzzzzz
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2013, 12:42:09 am »
Hey brillskill so glad you are enjoying your new tub.  It's so much fun to see some people get upset because you are happy with your tub and it's valvue.   And you know it can't be any good because it didn't cost you more.  Have a great day ..Dog u are right this guy just makes assumptions cal made it and it was overpriced so they just dumped it on way fair..ridiculous statement!..Watkins makes free flows and they are shit so they dump them on Costco and all the other Internet retailers..it's almost as if mr calspa beat him up and mr Watkins than jumped in and took out mr calspa..

WITF are you taking about?    Please don't drink and post!!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Water Boy

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2013, 12:37:10 pm »
not dealing with a dealer,buying from a drop ship internet retailer,cal spas assured me on delivery date i would get a written full  2 year warranty direct from cal spa via email and product registration..on my amex so if this is not the case i aint paying..

Brill, I am glad you are happy with your tub. That is all that matters really. But, in regards to the warranty, I did have some questions with that as it sounds you really did your research on this. If you do need service under warranty, who will do that? Does Cal just send someone out for you, or are you responsible to find somebody to service it. Also, with the delivery, you said it was drop shipped? Did you take it from there and install it, or did you hire to have someone do that for you.

Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2013, 12:59:53 pm »
not dealing with a dealer,buying from a drop ship internet retailer,cal spas assured me on delivery date i would get a written full  2 year warranty direct from cal spa via email and product registration..on my amex so if this is not the case i aint paying..

Brill, I am glad you are happy with your tub. That is all that matters really. But, in regards to the warranty, I did have some questions with that as it sounds you really did your research on this. If you do need service under warranty, who will do that? Does Cal just send someone out for you, or are you responsible to find somebody to service it. Also, with the delivery, you said it was drop shipped? Did you take it from there and install it, or did you hire to have someone do that for you.

I imagine it came with a short warranty and I'm sure there can be arrangements made to have someone come out and review the spa if an issue comes about (at which time Cal will most likely use their handy random excuse generator to come up with a reason why they will not warranty whatever the issue). The thing Brill has going for him/her is this is a basic spa so there is less to go wrong with it in the first place. Its just a $3k output and you expect less for such a spa so its really just about longevity, down time and cost/severity of any repairs and you can only cross your fingers at this point anyway. I'd never get a Cal or recommend one but not every one is destined for trouble so who knows what the outcome will be though time will tell.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

brillskill

« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2013, 01:22:52 pm »
cal sends the local authorized dealer out...as far as delivery they literally dropped it in the front of my driveway,i hired a spa moving company to move it to my backyard and place on  my deck..wayfair wanted an extra 50 bucks for liftgate but i got it waved

brillskill

« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2013, 01:31:42 pm »
Dr spa...Jan 31, 2013
steve anonby
"Calspa is one of my competitors, so I have no vested interest in defending these guys. (Steve Anonby from Hot Tubs Galore in Vancouver, BC). But I feel angry when I watch this video, because I've heard the the back-story on this situation, and there's a lot more to this story than the vengeful narrator is telling. Apparently Calspa did offer him a replacement but a competitor paid the video poster to keep it on. Poor Calspa has no recourse for this unfair attack"

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2013, 02:10:53 pm »
Dr spa...Jan 31, 2013
steve anonby
"Calspa is one of my competitors, so I have no vested interest in defending these guys. (Steve Anonby from Hot Tubs Galore in Vancouver, BC). But I feel angry when I watch this video, because I've heard the the back-story on this situation, and there's a lot more to this story than the vengeful narrator is telling. Apparently Calspa did offer him a replacement but a competitor paid the video poster to keep it on. Poor Calspa has no recourse for this unfair attack"

OK maybe so but did Cal Spas make that offer when the guy had the issues and was asking for them to take care of his problems or did Cal make the offer only after the YouTube video got out and their offer was really damage control to keep the owner hushed up and get the video removed? I'd put money on knowing the answer to that largely rhetorical question. At that point the owner probably was too pissed to take the hush replacement and I don't blame him. This is the type of thing that has gotten Cal where they are reputation wise. They are very shortsighted on quality/warranty issues and have burned MANY bridges with dealers, spa pros, spa owners, etc..
220, 221, whatever it takes!

brillskill

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2013, 02:27:00 pm »
you kmow what?..its like you said  only time will tell ,so far so good with my experience..i did say ill be the lab rat so if any problems arise i will 100% post them..

brillskill

« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2013, 02:31:57 pm »
3 months no problems what so ever...again in this price range i ..(me and only my opinion!) would reccomend this tub!

bimmerdog

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2013, 08:50:27 pm »
3 months no problems what so ever...again in this price range i ..(me and only my opinion!) would reccomend this tub!
You know 3 months means nothing on this site....come back after 15 years and tell us how it is working  ;D

brillskill

« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2013, 09:54:45 pm »
^^^lol!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2013, 10:02:54 pm »
 I will be amazed if we are still here yapping around here in 15 years.. A 3000 dollar spa will be 9,000 a 12,000 dollar spa will be God knows what.  And who knows what phones will be like.   :o

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2013, 07:18:28 am »
You know 3 months means nothing on this site....come back after 15 years and tell us how it is working  ;D

Your right. pretty meaningless. 2-3 or 4 years then we have something.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2013, 07:18:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42