What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2 capfuls of enchanted shock?  (Read 2569 times)

hottub63

2 capfuls of enchanted shock?
« on: March 17, 2013, 06:10:06 pm »
Hello.

I just set up my 2007 Hot Springs Envoy (and it's NICE!)...I had a quick question. I talked to a local dealer and he said he wanted to be sure I could enjoy the hot tub this weekend. He said after it was all fired up and ready to go I needed to put in 2 capfuls of the enhanced shock, wait about 4 hours, then I could get in. He said on Monday he would go over the rest of the water chemistry with me...and discuss if I wanted to go on the silk balance program. However he said the 2 capfuls of enchanted shock would allow me to get in there as soon as the water was warm enough.

I had a question about this...what cap full is he talking about? If I use the cap that comes on the bottle it is HUGE! Surely he doesn't mean using 2 of those cap's full!?   I wanted to touch base with you guys and see what the right way to go was. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

2 capfuls of enchanted shock?
« on: March 17, 2013, 06:10:06 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: 2 capfuls of enchanted shock?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 07:15:26 pm »
Two things: first, thanks for the chuckle. I have never heard of "Enchanted Shock," but it brought a smile on a bleak day. Yes, it was just a typo, but it was a funny typo to be sure.

Second: NEVER toss in capfuls of anything. ALWAYS measure. Go to the store and buy a plastic measuring scoop which measures dry ounces. Just about all chem bottles have instructions based on dry ounces, and as you have just pointed out: capfuls can and do vary hugely.

Enjoy your Envoy! Welcome to Spatopia.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottub63

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:07:18 pm »
Thanks...we just had our first soak this morning...IT WAS AWESOME!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:07:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42