What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Seeking advice on purchase of a new 2013 Sundance Marin hot tub spa  (Read 27445 times)

bimmerdog

Re: Seeking advice on purchase of a new 2013 Sundance Marin hot tub spa
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 10:46:54 pm »
Lol..Dog!....not u hottub guy..

I have learned brillskill that any product that Watkins makes is the BEST (I was told by a professional so it has to be true)  Unless they are sold from BIG BOX STORES. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 10:46:54 pm »

brillskill

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 11:06:23 pm »
Again ..a professional hot tub salesman..one can dream:)

Sam

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »
Again ..a professional hot tub salesman..one can dream:)

You'd be surprised how many college educated people make a good living in this industry and enjoy what they do.  Maybe it makes you feel better about your life looking down on the people who come here offering help and advice.  I don't understand the animosity.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »
I do, there are condescending a-holes all over this great country.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 02:45:51 pm »
It's just the opposite..you guys bash every opinion any one makes unless its by a "professional "..I respect anyone who works at any job..but it's hard to respect someone who thinks he or she knows it all...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 06:09:05 pm »
Are you good at your job? And do you feel you do the best you can and are skilled in what you do? Do you have a lot of experience over the years that has taught you the things you need to know to be good at what you do?

Why would it be any different for a hot tub professional? 
Retired

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 08:33:54 pm »
It's just the opposite..you guys bash every opinion any one makes unless its by a "professional "..I respect anyone who works at any job..but it's hard to respect someone who thinks he or she knows it all...

Thats just not true, the spa owners here get a great deal of respect from spa pros and many of the owners are very helpful to new shoppers. The situation that has arisen lately is the exception and it really was started by one peson who gets off on causing issues and acting like he is in the right and even thinks hes some kind of comsumer advocate lol. The spa pros here do a great job as do the long time owners who frequent this site.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 09:35:41 pm »

Thats just not true, the spa owners here get a great deal of respect from spa pros and many of the owners are very helpful to new shoppers. The situation that has arisen lately is the exception and it really was started by one peson who gets off on causing issues and acting like he is in the right and even thinks hes some kind of comsumer advocate lol. The spa pros here do a great job as do the long time owners who frequent this site.

And both of them each came here looking for advice and really didn't like what they heard!   ::)    Many of us "professionals" were here long before they came around, and my guess is we will be here after they are gone.  It would be great if the almighty Terminator would chime in and put these guys in their place.   LOL!     I don't consider myself a "professional" as most of us don't here, but we do know WTF we are talking about! 

I don't know what brillskill does, Don't really care.  He could work at McDonalds for all I know, Brimmerdog is a "sales" rep for Ping or so he says,  no reason to doubt him.    I just find it odd you guys need to come here and stir up chit!  We are here to help people and give honest information about spa's and advice about chems and service related issues plus whatever else might come up!!   
    Not really sure why you guys are here other than to just stir up trouble here and there.  You both have bought your spa's and I hope are happy with them.  Many come and go with the info they were or were not looking for.  Neither of you really know chit about hot tubs yet you feel the need to hang around and put your crappy 2 cents worth in.

So curious what the story really is?  Oh and your mom called down and said switch the laundry over!! 

brillskill

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 09:40:42 pm »
Jim..all I did (and read all my posts) was give my opinion on a tub I bought and a couple of Costco tubs I've been in that friends and family have..just an opinion nothing more nothing less..but because I'm not a hot tub salesman or professional my opinion means chit..keep insulting me guys ...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 10:30:07 pm »
 Yeah I have read your post, that Geo spa one was interesting.  You should re-read that one and tell me you feel the same way.  Either way I am done with you!  Just another troll that will be gone in time!   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 06:23:37 am »
Jim..all I did (and read all my posts) was give my opinion on a tub I bought and a couple of Costco tubs I've been in that friends and family have..just an opinion nothing more nothing less..but because I'm not a hot tub salesman or professional my opinion means chit..keep insulting me guys ...

Because our 30 years of experience makes our opinion different than your 6 month old experience with your tub then WE are the ones who don't know chit. No one ever said that your value tub or the value tubs sold through Costco were nothing other than what they are. An inexpensive option to a higher quality, better build, better backed more expensive option from your local dealer.

Oh and by the way everyone here knows that I don't feel Hot Springs are the best option out there. And if you'd like specifics it is because they use to many proprietary parts and are over priced. However they make a fine tub with a long standing reputation for reliability and longevity. And those two things you won't get from Wayfair or Costco.
Retired

bimmerdog

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 11:53:18 am »
Hey Jacuzzi Jim get your facts right.  I have never said I was a Ping "sales" rep.  I said I'm a Ping Demo Tech. 

It's really funny how you type one thing to me in a message.....remember this..... "Nice question, You notice how defensive the HS guy gets about it and why many of them don't want to even put their 2 cents worth in?   It is a good system and a great sales pitch,  but it really in the long run doesn't have a leg to stand on and they know it.    I love debates like that, I only wish I could write my thoughts out better than I can talk about it"   Keep working at it you will get better.

I speak my mind and I stand by what I type. If I am proven wrong I will be the first to say I was wrong.  Just because some one doesn't have a hot tub store doesn't mean they can't add an opinion on what they have found in their ownership, research on hot tubs.    I don't say things in a message that I won't say to some one on here or if I met in person would sit down and have a fun debate about the subject. 

I don't and never will hide behind behind a  keyboard.  If all this site wants is for hot tube dealers to give answers then thats how they should set it up. Until then get used to people like me and brillskill to stick around. 

By the way dip chit my mom passed away so I would really appreciate it if you would leave her out of any conversation.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 12:22:32 pm »
Hey Jacuzzi Jim get your facts right.  I have never said I was a Ping "sales" rep.  I said I'm a Ping Demo Tech. 

It's really funny how you type one thing to me in a message.....remember this..... "Nice question, You notice how defensive the HS guy gets about it and why many of them don't want to even put their 2 cents worth in?   It is a good system and a great sales pitch,  but it really in the long run doesn't have a leg to stand on and they know it.    I love debates like that, I only wish I could write my thoughts out better than I can talk about it"   Keep working at it you will get better.

I speak my mind and I stand by what I type. If I am proven wrong I will be the first to say I was wrong.  Just because some one doesn't have a hot tub store doesn't mean they can't add an opinion on what they have found in their ownership, research on hot tubs.    I don't say things in a message that I won't say to some one on here or if I met in person would sit down and have a fun debate about the subject. 

I don't and never will hide behind behind a  keyboard.  If all this site wants is for hot tube dealers to give answers then thats how they should set it up. Until then get used to people like me and brillskill to stick around. 

By the way dip chit my mom passed away so I would really appreciate it if you would leave her out of any conversation.

Yes I do remember that and I still feel the same way, always will.   If you dig back far enough you will see that in my post and the heated debates we use to have about such things.  And sorry you are a "Ping demo tech"  I have talked to many, they fit you for clubs then try and sell you the latest and greatest. Not sure but it sounds a sales rep to me.     As far as your mom it was said tongue and cheek, FWIW I lost my dad when I was 8, my step dad when I was 19 and my mom when I was 27  all to cancer.     Life is tough all over.

brillskill

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 05:01:53 pm »
Dog..just don't bother..he's right your job sucks ..open a jacuzzi store..youll be jusy as happy and content has him..he's"done with me" maybe he will be done with you too..

bimmerdog

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »
Hey Jim just so you know  (I get told all the time on here that I know nothing about hot tubs) you know very little about what a Ping Demo Tech does.  First I'm not talking about any other companies techs just Pings.  We fit you for the right club for your swing.  The right lie angle for your irons. The right size grip for your club.  The right length for your clubs. The right material for the iron shaft. The right iron club head for what you want the ball to do.  The correct swing weight for the person. As an employee of Ping Golf if I say the price of our products to some one I am fitting at a demo I will be fired.  Ping policy.  I don't sell anything.  I fit.  If the person likes the product then it is up to them to buy what they want at a golf shop or pro shop.   There is a hell of a lot more technology and knowledge needed in fitting some one correctly (key word correctly) for a set of golf clubs then selling some one a hot tub.

Of course you have to know everything about your tubs and the inner workings. When was the last time you changed the seating in a hot tub for a person or moved the controls to a different place on the tub?  Pulled out the motors for a customer to put in something stronger?  You are very limited in what you can do to a tub for some one. That is what I am talking about as far as the difference in selling a tub to building the correct club for a person.

One thing you have to be very knowledgeable is chemicals or I hope you are to help your customers after they buy the tub and have no idea what is going on with their water.  This is why you never see me in any post on chemicals because I know very little about it.  My dealer set me up with such an easy chemical set up that I feel sorry for the people having such problems with their water. 

So as I have said before if I read some thing that needs to be proven or is just wrong I will speak up and you were wrong on what I do so here I am again.  (like a bad rash that just won't go away)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42