What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: used hot tub  (Read 2314 times)

arbee

used hot tub
« on: March 11, 2013, 11:16:03 am »
just getting into the hot tub world , im going to look at a 2008 hot springs Vanguard  that has only been used twice or so they say and want to know what to offer if i like it and eveything checks out ok he paid 8800 for it new

Hot Tub Forum

used hot tub
« on: March 11, 2013, 11:16:03 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: used hot tub
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:53:41 am »
just getting into the hot tub world , im going to look at a 2008 hot springs Vanguard  that has only been used twice or so they say and want to know what to offer if i like it and eveything checks out ok he paid 8800 for it new

In general, I'd say a 2008 in 2013 is worth about 35% of what they paid for it (give or take depending on condition). If it was used very little thats great but how much its used isn't the key, the current condition is EVERYTHING on a used spa so you need to inspect it and not just for how it looks. You want to view it fully filled, fully up to temp. First thing you do is walk around it and make sure its totally dry all the way around it before you open the cover (don't go the day after/on a rainy day). Then assuming its fully up to temp turn on the pumps, light and make sure they work. Ask about what repairs have been done on it, what has been replaced... Ask if thats the original cover which I'd probably expect and if so you can expect its near the end of its life so don't be too surprised if it looks weathered.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:56:34 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

arbee

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:31:20 pm »
thanks for the quick reply im going over it with a fine tooth comb pumps,shell,cover etc. 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:31:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42