What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: laguna bay spas  (Read 9215 times)

brillskill

laguna bay spas
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:27:49 pm »
ok one more question is laguna bay reputable,anyone have any experience with them?

Hot Tub Forum

laguna bay spas
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:27:49 pm »

brillskill

Re: laguna bay spas
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 02:10:01 pm »
3800 bucks with mp3 ozone and waterfall?..momma always said if it sounds to good to be true?..

gourmatt

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 02:55:13 pm »
3800 bucks with mp3 ozone and waterfall?..momma always said if it sounds to good to be true?..

That's my take.  I had a look at one in a local guy's "showroom" (i.e. storage unit) and though it looked nice from the outside, the sales guy said things that I just didn't buy.  For instance I asked what has ever broken during the time he has been selling them and the answer was "nothing".  He said the sound system was a Bose (nope).  And he said that 90% of the people that saw them ended up buying one, which I found just a little hard to believe...   My sister has a low-end tub (not a Laguna, something else) and they have a hard time keeping it hot in the winter so I can imagine the insulation is non-existent.  That was a fear of mine with the Laguna, though I can't say for sure whether the Laguna would suffer from that problem.  Also, the absence of a real dealer network that will stand behind the product and will be able to service it was a concern.  The real deal breaker though was not being able to wet test one.  We eventually wet tested several Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera and Hot Springs and went with a Hot Spring Limelight Flair.  Yes, it cost about double the Laguna, but dang it if I'm going to trek through snow to get into a hot tub I want it to be hot, comfortable, and have some piece of mind if something goes wrong.  The Flair should be arriving in a few weeks.... I can't wait!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 04:32:24 pm »

That's my take.  I had a look at one in a local guy's "showroom" (i.e. storage unit) and though it looked nice from the outside, the sales guy said things that I just didn't buy.  For instance I asked what has ever broken during the time he has been selling them and the answer was "nothing".  He said the sound system was a Bose (nope).  And he said that 90% of the people that saw them ended up buying one, which I found just a little hard to believe...   My sister has a low-end tub (not a Laguna, something else) and they have a hard time keeping it hot in the winter so I can imagine the insulation is non-existent.  That was a fear of mine with the Laguna, though I can't say for sure whether the Laguna would suffer from that problem.  Also, the absence of a real dealer network that will stand behind the product and will be able to service it was a concern.  The real deal breaker though was not being able to wet test one.  We eventually wet tested several Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera and Hot Springs and went with a Hot Spring Limelight Flair.  Yes, it cost about double the Laguna, but dang it if I'm going to trek through snow to get into a hot tub I want it to be hot, comfortable, and have some piece of mind if something goes wrong.  The Flair should be arriving in a few weeks.... I can't wait!

The main drawbacks to fear on these type purchases in general (not specifically Laguna) would be the overall quality, who will service it when issues arise (if they say "we got a guy" ask for his phone number), is the warranty worth the paper its written on (I seriously doubt it) and energy efficiency (one quick way to make a spa cheaper is to skimp on this). Any perceived "savings" go out the window when you're having to fix it on your dime, when its constantly problematic and when you get the energy bills.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 04:42:25 pm »

3 lies....what a good way to start a potential customer/dealer relationship lol....nothing breaks? blatant lie..........Bose stereo? on a Laguna Bay, sorry but hahahaha, blatant lie...........90% closing ratio? umm I would bet everything I own to my name it isn't half that, the heaviest hitters in the entire industry don't even hit 45%, so another blatant lie

sounds like typical sales bs from someone who has to lie in order to move an inferior product...imo his sales pitch should simply be "its cheap" and we'll take care of you after the sale...simple as that

btw good choice on the Flair, I have the Chapagne/Grey on my floor and its a good selling tub for me, good warranty, plenty of jets, killer light package and a nice 24hr silent circulation pump to ensure its always "hot and ready to go"

brillskill

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 04:58:25 pm »
Unfortunately I'm going to have to go with an Internet retailer as there is no way I'm dealing with any of the local Long Island retailers..my original post was on a plug and play and it looks like that's what I'm going with ( Watkins)

Jac-470

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 05:28:48 pm »
Just look for a dealer out of the area. They will still warranty it, but may charge a little fuel surcharge for the distance if you have a issue. But they will do it.

gourmatt

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 05:59:51 pm »

3 lies....what a good way to start a potential customer/dealer relationship lol....nothing breaks? blatant lie..........Bose stereo? on a Laguna Bay, sorry but hahahaha, blatant lie...........90% closing ratio? umm I would bet everything I own to my name it isn't half that, the heaviest hitters in the entire industry don't even hit 45%, so another blatant lie

sounds like typical sales bs from someone who has to lie in order to move an inferior product...imo his sales pitch should simply be "its cheap" and we'll take care of you after the sale...simple as that

btw good choice on the Flair, I have the Chapagne/Grey on my floor and its a good selling tub for me, good warranty, plenty of jets, killer light package and a nice 24hr silent circulation pump to ensure its always "hot and ready to go"

Oh yeah, I forgot one of the other lies.  When I asked about the warranty he said that the 6 month labor part of the warranty was "standard for the industry".

brillskill

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 06:02:26 pm »
Jac-470 any suggestions?..that aren't "used car salesman"?

Jac-470

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 06:12:25 pm »
The dealer I bought my J-470 is in Mass, but has sold tubs in Maine. He said he just charges a surcharge for the distance, but the warranty work is still being done. The people didn't care as they saved a bunch of the tub prices.

brillskill

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 06:40:50 pm »
He'll sell to Long Island ny?..gimme his number

Jac-470

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 06:48:52 pm »
Sent you a PM

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 06:52:51 pm »
I would be Leary about buying a tubin mass for use in ny. Shipping alone would be a fortune and warranty work would also cost a fortune. Brillskill in the price point you seem to be looking at have you considered nordic?  There is a company on the island called AJ spas. Don't know if you have had a bad experience with them?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 06:53:56 pm »
Where in mass are you jac-470?  Don't think. There are. Many of us on this forum

Jac-470

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 07:00:28 pm »
I'm in southern NH.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 07:00:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42