What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just starting to look, need direction  (Read 2623 times)

pfunkguitarstar

Just starting to look, need direction
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:25:46 pm »
Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking a minute to read and respond to my post.  I know a stupid question would be to ask, "what's the best spa to buy?", so I'll refrain and give you some background information, so perhaps you can make the best recommendations possible.

I just bought a house in south-western Michigan, where the winters can be pretty harsh.  I'm a larger gentleman that wants space in a tub, and would also like to accommodate people for the occasional party.  I'm looking for a tub that is deep, and of extremely durable build quality, as well as well insulated with lower energy costs.  I'd also prefer something that is cheap and easy to maintain.  I've already done some research on manufacturers, but mostly only their websites, with the exception of a Hot-Springs dealer locally, that was obviously a trained salesman.  Not that this is an issue, but I want to know the true pros and cons of some specific brands and models.  I know that what seem to be the most highly recommended spas are not the ones sold online, but are there any brands that one can purchase online that are exceptional?  Furthermore, of the major manufacturers, which ones will best suit my needs.  I'll be financing this tub, and to me, I'd rather pay less, but if there is a legitimate reason to pay more, that shouldn't be a complication.  Anyhow, let me know your thoughts, and thanks for your time.

Hot Tub Forum

Just starting to look, need direction
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:25:46 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Just starting to look, need direction
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 02:20:37 pm »
Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking a minute to read and respond to my post.  I know a stupid question would be to ask, "what's the best spa to buy?", so I'll refrain and give you some background information, so perhaps you can make the best recommendations possible.

I just bought a house in south-western Michigan, where the winters can be pretty harsh.  I'm a larger gentleman that wants space in a tub, and would also like to accommodate people for the occasional party.  I'm looking for a tub that is deep, and of extremely durable build quality, as well as well insulated with lower energy costs.  I'd also prefer something that is cheap and easy to maintain.  I've already done some research on manufacturers, but mostly only their websites, with the exception of a Hot-Springs dealer locally, that was obviously a trained salesman.  Not that this is an issue, but I want to know the true pros and cons of some specific brands and models.  I know that what seem to be the most highly recommended spas are not the ones sold online, but are there any brands that one can purchase online that are exceptional?  Furthermore, of the major manufacturers, which ones will best suit my needs.  I'll be financing this tub, and to me, I'd rather pay less, but if there is a legitimate reason to pay more, that shouldn't be a complication.  Anyhow, let me know your thoughts, and thanks for your time.

There are a lot of spa makers out there and everyone has their favorites but personally I lean toward Caldera, D1, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance.  All are known for having a history of making quality spas that are well insulated and they back their products well. Beyond that what’s important is the dealer who you'll want to have a certain comfort level with; you want to be confident they'll be there for you after the sale. Then its all about comfort and how the spas fits/feels to you and that’s where the wet test comes in. You can visit the websites of any spa brand and they'll have a dealer locator so you can see who might be in your area. I'd see what options you have and visit as many as you can who are in a reasonable driving distance and then wet test the top 3 or so, preferably the same day or at least the same weekend.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:26:59 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bimmerdog

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 02:43:12 pm »
Spatech_tuo is spot on. 

Give this a try when you go look at the tubs.  Don't ask for the price on anything you are looking at.  Give the salesperson your info on what you want....not price.  Important, you have to do a wet test.  Most companies will have different levels of tubs that will fit your needs.  Not knowing the price right up front you won't make a decision just on that. I know the cost is important but I would rather pay a little more and have a tub I want to be in then to save money and have a tub that just is it right for me.  This is why you have to do a wet test.  You might find the cheaper tub in the store does every thing you want.  If you are going to different stores try to do all wet test in the same day.  If not write down what you liked and didn't like about the tub. So on the next wet test you can compare your notes. 

This is my opinion on this subject.  I would never buy a hot tub off the Internet.  To many things that can go wrong. 
Good luck on your search.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 02:43:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42