What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Asking Price for a Used Coleman Tub  (Read 5414 times)

reddirtark

Asking Price for a Used Coleman Tub
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:00:54 am »
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for the help. My old Superior Spa as met its end and I found a used Coleman spa for sale at a local store. It is 5-8 years old, a 5 seater and both pumps have been rebuilt, the skirt has been replaced and it has a new ozonator and cover. The shell is in absolutely perfect condition. I have seen in run. The price, including delivery and set up is $2100. My question was does this seem like a fair price? I don't know anything about Coleman tubs and any advice would be greatly appreciated before I spend all the money.
Thanks again!

Hot Tub Forum

Asking Price for a Used Coleman Tub
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:00:54 am »

bimmerdog

Re: Asking Price for a Used Coleman Tub
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 11:38:05 am »
First question...is it 5 or 8 years old?  If the store doesn't know you can get the serial number and get in contact with Coleman to see when it was built. After you find out what year you can see what it sold for new and then decide if it is a fair price. As far as the price you can always make an offer with cash in hand and see if they will accept it.  Can you wet test it?

After doing a little research on the Coleman brand it has very mixed reviews.  It all comes down to your gut feeling. It is always hard for me to buy used anything mechanical.  Good luck with your decision.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 06:34:30 am »
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for the help. My old Superior Spa as met its end and I found a used Coleman spa for sale at a local store. It is 5-8 years old, a 5 seater and both pumps have been rebuilt, the skirt has been replaced and it has a new ozonator and cover. The shell is in absolutely perfect condition. I have seen in run. The price, including delivery and set up is $2100. My question was does this seem like a fair price? I don't know anything about Coleman tubs and any advice would be greatly appreciated before I spend all the money.
Thanks again!

5 year old tub that needed 2 new pumps/motors all new skirting and a new cover? That should tell you something about Coleman, who by the way is gone. I would probably pass. But, the delivery and set up is worth something. Maybe not so bad. Any warranty?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 06:34:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42