What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hello-new to the forum and need buying advice  (Read 18245 times)

Kiddoc1997

Re: Hello-new to the forum and need buying advice
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »
I just bought a tub.  I looked at jacuzzi , marquis, artesian and hot springs.  I didn't set test hot spring.  Just pricing there were extras for delivery.  Artisan we tried 648 it was stingy to me.  I liked the island series.  My wife like the jacuzzi and we had to decide between 365and 470. It was more but the size and jets were worth the splurge.  I Also tested marquis which felt nice also.  I say wet test and let that make your decision they are good tubs.  The marquis dealer also sold bullfrog and told me he would rather go marquis. Hope it helps

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »

bimmerdog

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 03:34:38 pm »
I just find it amusing when some one has the nerve to say anything about Hot Springs that is not HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY or say another tub is better, it doesn't take long for "someone" to make sure they respond.  I hope it never stops because it makes this forum fun.  If it's a boring day all I have to say is anything about Hot Springs and we get to have a good time on here.  I'm glad there are so many hot tub manufacturers and every one has an opinion on each one. 

Remember this is my "IMO" so don't beat me up or I will have to let the attack dogs out ;)

You had a bad expereince with a hot springs salesperson in your local store when you were shopping and have been negative about them since you got here and people responded (imagine that). Then you called Dr Spa "stupid and wrong" (I'm paraphrasing but i could easily get it and paste it) when he was pointing out an issue with the picture you posted of your setup (then u realized later he was correct lol). Then you jumped into this thread seemingly looking to start something IMO with that smartazz remark about expecting attack dogs when i've seen none and then you added the "it didn't take long" remark which made no sense since no one was attacking.

I don't get it. You come to this site a few weeks ago and almost immediately started pointing fingers at people on this site, people who've been here for years making no sales on this site but helping people continually. I don't get what drives your venom but whatever floats your boat (or rubber duckie)!

You seam to be the one that has a problem with some one who actually won't just sit and let people put their propaganda on here and not be called out on it.   
Let me for the 20Th time for you and I will go really slow so you can understand it (yes I'm being a smart ass because you deserve it) I got pissed at Dr Spa for not talking to me but speaking to the forum.  If I do something wrong or you see something that might be wrong ( which it wasn't if you take time to read VERY slowly what I wrote in response to his post) I will respond and be polite about it.  The way it was written came across to me "IMO" as saying "look at this guy he screwed up".  Everything passed code and the picture made it look closer then what the box was.  I did apologize to Dr Spa in private messages for the way I came across.  I do believe he understands where I was coming from.  You spatech seem to be the one that can't let things go. 
Next.  Lets see this will be the 18TH time I have said this.  I have nothing against ANY tub manufacture.  God I get tired of writing this part. My wife didn't want the Hot Springs not me.  I got mad at my salesman when he said things that he could not back up.  If you Mr. spatech want me to list everything he said that he could not back up with actual proof not just "I've seen it with my own eyes" I will be more than happy to again.
If some one comes on here and says their hot tub is better then some one else and it has a IMO then I'm cool with that.  If it is "ours is better because we clean the water better then theirs" and they have NO PROOF to back it up and it has no IMO  then yes I will be there politely asking for proof.  If this is hard for you to understand........sorry but I'm tired of people rolling over and never questioning why.

Last thing.  If I am doing so many things wrong in your eyes spatech then I would expect the forum moderator to let me know I'm crossing the line.  I don't feel I have crossed that line.  I will continue to voice my opinion to help others make decisions that are the best for them.

Have a good day :)

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 04:21:28 pm »
Let me for the 20Th time for you and I will go really slow so you can understand it (yes I'm being a smart ass because you deserve it)

Really? This rudeness is something that is new to this site as of recently.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:33:02 pm by Hot Spring Ace »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 05:21:55 pm »
I will continue to voice my opinion to help others make decisions that are the best for them.
Have a good day :)

I'm not sure how voicing your opinion will help others do what's best for them.
Retired

bimmerdog

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 05:44:43 pm »
You know what you guys are right.  Keep your little click going and promoting your products as the best  with out any one questioning you is the best way to have a forum.

But sorry I'm not going anywhere because people will read post made by me or others that may never ever post on this forum but will learn things just like I did before I ever signed on.  So get used to it boys I will keep asking questions and anytime I see "we are the best" you better be able to prove it.  It is that simple. 

Have a great day :)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:38 pm »
You know what you guys are right.  Keep your little click going and promoting your products as the best  with out any one questioning you is the best way to have a forum.

But sorry I'm not going anywhere because people will read post made by me or others that may never ever post on this forum but will learn things just like I did before I ever signed on.  So get used to it boys I will keep asking questions and anytime I see "we are the best" you better be able to prove it.  It is that simple. 

nobody with any shred of credibility on this site has every claimed "we are 100% the best" we simply give recommendations of the best companies...ie "I'm in the market for a good spa, who should I look at?" and 98% of the replies are Hot Spring/Jacuzzi/Sundance/Marquis/D1 from there people may "fight a little" over who has best features, jets, lighting, insulation, etc. but the fact of the matter is that the first part of the statement holds true in that all the mentioned brands are good, just comes down to price, personal preference, wet-test, etc.

not 1 single product on this planet is the best in any industry, I don't care what anyone says and everyone on here realizes it...you seem to be the only one struggling with this concept

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 07:21:48 pm »

So you're here as the consumer advocate because as you stated "you know who you guys are"! Wow, what nerve to say the things you do. You've been here for about a minute compared to most of the people on this site and you sure do have it all wrong. There are so many people here whose agenda begins and ends with helping people with no monetary gain in site. T-man, Jacuzzi Jim, Twin, Dr Spa, Bill... you think they're here for an agenda!? Maybe its just me with who has the agenda. Funny that I never have issues with any other people on this site, that I'm aware of anyway. If only I ever made a red cent out of being here lol. I'll give you credit for one thing, you showed your true colors pretty much from Day 1. You have a lot of nerve thinking you have to somehow save people from us.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:37:52 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bimmerdog

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 08:24:50 pm »

So you're here as the consumer advocate because as you stated "you know who you guys are"! Wow, what nerve to say the things you do. You've been here for about a minute compared to most of the people on this site and you sure do have it all wrong. There are so many people here whose agenda begins and ends with helping people with no monetary gain in site. T-man, Jacuzzi Jim, Twin, Dr Spa, Bill... you think they're here for an agenda!? Maybe its just me with who has the agenda. Funny that I never have issues with any other people on this site, that I'm aware of anyway. If only I ever made a red cent out of being here lol. I'll give you credit for one thing, you showed your true colors pretty much from Day 1. You have a lot of nerve thinking you have to somehow save people from us.
:'( sorry I hurt your feelings so bad.  I have never once said the people you listed above can't type anything they want.  I really don't care if some one has been on here for 40 years.  Where I do draw the line for anyone on here is when a statement is made not an opinion with no proof to back it up.  Do you have any idea how many people read the post on here that will never ever think of joining the forum? Should they not get the full truth about a subject they are looking into? I guess in your world if some one has 100,000 post then anything they type must be gospel. 

My only agenda from day one was to piss you off spatech_two.  I think I'm getting there.  (just kidding....no really I am just kidding)

It is kinda funny the private messages I get thanking me from not backing down to some on here. 

I'm sure spatech_two you are a good guy and I think I'm sorta OK when I don't forget to take my meds. We can get along and I have absolutely no problem with you questioning me on what in the hell I'm doing on here.  Now I will let you have the last word on this thread because I know how important that is to you. :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 11:05:08 am »

:'( sorry I hurt your feelings so bad.  I have never once said the people you listed above can't type anything they want.  I really don't care if some one has been on here for 40 years.  Where I do draw the line for anyone on here is when a statement is made not an opinion with no proof to back it up.  Do you have any idea how many people read the post on here that will never ever think of joining the forum? Should they not get the full truth about a subject they are looking into? I guess in your world if some one has 100,000 post then anything they type must be gospel. 

My only agenda from day one was to piss you off spatech_two.  I think I'm getting there.  (just kidding....no really I am just kidding)

It is kinda funny the private messages I get thanking me from not backing down to some on here. 

I'm sure spatech_two you are a good guy and I think I'm sorta OK when I don't forget to take my meds. We can get along and I have absolutely no problem with you questioning me on what in the hell I'm doing on here.  Now I will let you have the last word on this thread because I know how important that is to you. :)

LOL, sorry but you'd have to do far more than this to hurt my feelings or piss me off. These aren't the kinds of things that make me lose sleep.

"Should they not get the full truth about a subject they are looking into?"
People have been getting good advice here for MANY years and it will continue. There are plenty of checks and balances in place largely due to the people who are here regularly, pros and owners. If someone is misrepresenting the truth or greatly exaggerating it there are people here who speak up and balance that out and have been doing so for years. There are people here who have always railed against people using the term "best" and trying to shove their a certain agenda down others throats. I'm not sure why you think that just began last month. You don't know the history of someone like Jim Arjuna and why he was banned from this site due to his agenda and because of the people on this site who stood up against his BS. Whether you want to be here to help others is up to you but please don't think that you’ve all of a sudden added something that was missing, its been here all along.

bimmerdog

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 02:52:06 pm »
 ;D

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »

Can't remember the last time someone younger than me called me a boy. Thanks old man.
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 04:43:56 pm »

Kinda funny the PM's I get thanking me for my experience.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 04:47:36 pm »

Agree, they're never necessary but always appreciated.

bimmerdog

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 05:04:35 pm »

Can't remember the last time someone younger than me called me a boy. Thanks old man.
Would you rather I call you "girl"? Didn't know it would offend you so.  Old man you are right.  I have seen 7 different decades.  I will go back to the old folks home now....they have better wifi there.

bimmerdog

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 05:12:41 pm »

Don't get upset that a few like what I do on here.   I'm positive you get 1000's of PM's  thanking you.  You are the King....I'M just a loyal subject. I know my place on the food chain...wait, spa chain.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 05:12:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42