What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub shopping and need advice  (Read 4865 times)

KaraZ1969

Hot tub shopping and need advice
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:19:20 am »
Hi we are purchasing a hot tub. I apologize for the long post. We have shopped around and have narrowed it down. (hopefully). I am getting a little frustrated.

We have wet tested the hot springs pulse. Very nice dealer gave us a price of $9600 for the floor model, out the door. We felt it had everything except for music.  We were not happy with the two seats next to the filter. We both felt isolated. I am 5'2" and the tub felt very powerful , btw, my husband is 6'5". We expressed this to the dealer and he is now offering to have us wet test the grandee floor model, with a price of $11,500.

We wet tested the jacuzzi j-365, dealer was very nice as well. Gave us a price of $8600. Out the door. The Tub felt nice. Definitely more open and not to powerful. We both liked this one. 

My husband wants to wet test the grandee and is asking about the J-470. I am concerned with going above our budget with the grandee.  How much more money should the J-470 cost. He showed me a earlier post regarding a new J-470 with a price of $8300.  So now he thinks the dealer is not giving us the best advice and is pushing the floor model and dealer said nothing about any type of rebate. The J-365 floor model did not have ant music either.  I don't think the dealer is lying to us. My husband thinks we should continue to shop and feels we are overpaying for the j-365 floor model. 

Are these good prices? Should we look at another brand? Are we comparing apples and oranges? Or is he on the right track?

Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub shopping and need advice
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:19:20 am »

Jac-470

Re: Hot tub shopping and need advice
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:32:56 am »
I'm the one that got the J-470 for a great price. Having another tub from another buissness with price helped with settling on a price. I saw the MSRP on the J-470 from Jacuzzi, and it was $15170 with no stereo. So I'm suprised I got such a low low price.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:20:34 am by Jac-470 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:29:30 am »
Welcome to the forum.  The prices are reasonable.   You may find that you don't use the stereo as much as you think.  Peace, Quiet, and Hot water! 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:44:58 am »
The deal Jac-470 got about as low a price on a J-470 that I have ever seen!   If his cost is the same as ours which it's not going to be lower for sure, the dealer didn't get rich off it.   You will see prices all across the board here can be different, some substantial.   Every dealer has different overhead thus can sell at what ever price they want to keep the doors open.      8600.00 for a J-365 is a nice price also. Could it be lower sure, but he will/should have a btm price that he won't go below,. Save the barginingfor the table and see where it goes.  Sounds like you are happy with both dealers or just one selling both brands?   As far as apples to oranges you are doing very well between the two brands. IMO   

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 11:15:59 am »
I'm the one that got the J-470 for $8300. Having another tub from another buissness with price helped with settling on a price. I saw the MSRP on the J-470 from Jacuzzi, and it was $15170 with no stereo. So I'm suprised I got such a low low price.

Huh, $15k that is ridiculous even for a fake MSRP. I'm sure $8300 is a very good price and not every dealer is going to sell at the same price and there can always be circumstances behind a better than norm deal.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jac-470

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 06:59:13 pm »
I'm the one that got the J-470 for $8300. Having another tub from another buissness with price helped with settling on a price. I saw the MSRP on the J-470 from Jacuzzi, and it was $15170 with no stereo. So I'm suprised I got such a low low price.

Huh, $15k that is ridiculous even for a fake MSRP. I'm sure $8300 is a very good price and not every dealer is going to sell at the same price and there can always be circumstances behind a better than norm deal.

I don't if it was fake, but he had the whole Jacuzzi MSRP list of all the tubs. But the MSRP wasn't any difference then what I saw at the Hotsprings dealer. There Top 2 tubs in the showroom had MSRP's over $15000, and they were asking just under $13000 for them without the Ace.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 06:59:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42