What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The quickest way to turn your tub gray!  (Read 4076 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
The quickest way to turn your tub gray!
« on: January 28, 2013, 10:15:52 am »
My youngest son decided to invite 4 of his college friends over for hot tub party!  I had just cleaned the tub and installed clean filters about 2 weeks ago so I was happy for them to enjoy the clean water on a real chilly night. There were 3 girls and 2 guys..one girl didn't have a suit so she jumped in in shorts and a tee shirt..The girls were full of make up, two had long hair.  And they really over stayed their soak..probably in the tub over 2 hours. When I went to shock this morning, the water was a gray green color with disgusting foam...The tub smelled strongly of chlorine...they left the air valves on to boot (which cools the water even in filtration cycles).

The reason that I posted this is to help new tub owners be aware that bather load, people who haven't showered just before going in the tub...girls full of hair lotions, make up and anyone who doesn't have a well rinsed bathing suit can cause you major water issues...I just hope that these kids showered when they went home. My water was pristine and perfectly balanced when they went in..but they were in for such a long time...I hope they don't end up with a rash .. :P

I'll be dumping the tub during the warm up this week...and if I ever let him have company in my tub again, my son will invite ONE friend, who has a clean rinsed bathing suit, is freshly showered and without makeup, at a time... >:( >:( >:(
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

The quickest way to turn your tub gray!
« on: January 28, 2013, 10:15:52 am »

sorebikr

Re: The quickest way to turn your tub gray!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:10:08 am »
My youngest son decided to invite 4 of his college friends over for hot tub party!  I had just cleaned the tub and installed clean filters about 2 weeks ago so I was happy for them to enjoy the clean water on a real chilly night. There were 3 girls and 2 guys..one girl didn't have a suit so she jumped in in shorts and a tee shirt..The girls were full of make up, two had long hair.  And they really over stayed their soak..probably in the tub over 2 hours. When I went to shock this morning, the water was a gray green color with disgusting foam...The tub smelled strongly of chlorine...they left the air valves on to boot (which cools the water even in filtration cycles).

The reason that I posted this is to help new tub owners be aware that bather load, people who haven't showered just before going in the tub...girls full of hair lotions, make up and anyone who doesn't have a well rinsed bathing suit can cause you major water issues...I just hope that these kids showered when they went home. My water was pristine and perfectly balanced when they went in..but they were in for such a long time...I hope they don't end up with a rash .. :P

I'll be dumping the tub during the warm up this week...and if I ever let him have company in my tub again, my son will invite ONE friend, who has a clean rinsed bathing suit, is freshly showered and without makeup, at a time... >:( >:( >:(

You're denying your son the opportunity to have three girls in a hot tub with him?  I'm sure if you tell him how much a few hundred gallons of water costs you, I'm sure he'll gladly pony up the cash to retain that privilege.  :)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:17:43 pm »
LOL.I have actually scared the heck out of him and he keeps texting me pictures of skin blemishes hoping he doesn't get hot tub rash!!  Im sure he would rather have girls in bathing suits rather than in shorts and shirts anyway...He just needs to keep his invites to one or two friends at a time.. or take them for a polar plunge someplace!! ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »
My youngest son decided to invite 4 of his college friends over for hot tub party!  I had just cleaned the tub and installed clean filters about 2 weeks ago so I was happy for them to enjoy the clean water on a real chilly night. There were 3 girls and 2 guys...When I went to shock this morning, the water was a gray green color with disgusting foam...The tub smelled strongly of chlorine...

Tell him next time he'll have to exclude the other guy.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 02:37:05 pm »
Im sure he would rather have girls in bathing suits rather than in shorts and shirts anyway...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, never mind
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

sorebikr

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 03:15:58 pm »
Im sure he would rather have girls in bathing suits rather than in shorts and shirts anyway...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, never mind

My thoughts exactly.  I mean, we're all passionate about water purity, right?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 03:25:03 pm »
And we all know how to keep residual laundry soap in swim suits from getting into the water.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 05:03:50 pm »
OK so I am a kind, very accepting person..just take my word for it, these aren't POD chicks..they are just friends of his. :) and this is not the 50 shades of gray tub..lol!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:44 pm »
"They're just friends mom, really."    ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42