What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for Advice  (Read 2529 times)

Patow

Looking for Advice
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:25:17 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the board, and recently inherited a Gulf Coast LX 11000 hot tub with my new home. I know this company is no longer around, and I have a couple of concerns about this tub:

1) The pumps are ridiculously loud. I can hear the main 2-stage pump from my front yard, and clearly from my master bedroom. I'm not sure if this is typical of this spa, or could just be an indication that it is time to replace and or service the pump?

2) From what I've read, and given the age and design of this spa (2-stage pump used for circulation), I gather this tub is a bit of an energy guzzler. I'm waiting for my first hydro bill, but have read to expect the cost to be $100-150/month to run this tub.  I won't be surprised if that is the case as it seems the main pump is ALWAYS running.

3) Given #1 and #2, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether more energy efficient and quiter pumps could be retrofitted in to this spa?

I've been out looking at new tubs, and have had a few dealers offer a reasonable trade-in value for this tub. However, before I proceed down that path, I figured I'd see if there is any hope for this tub. It is a decent tub feature wise save the noise and the anticipated energy bills.

Anyone out there have any thoughts?

Appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks,

Dave

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for Advice
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:25:17 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Looking for Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:33:40 pm »
The cost to run the pump(s) is only a fraction of the total cost of operating the spa. Most of the cost is for the heater and overcoming heat loss.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Looking for Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:33:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42